Athena ANPR 'fine'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there - another question about these fine notices I'm afraid.

I received one last Friday for parking in Lidl car park last Monday. I was there for 23 minutes while I took my son to the dentist next door. He has Autism and this is an extremely traumatic thing for him so I decided to park as close as possible (i.e. Lidl car park!!). I had intended to go into Lidl after and buy something small but he wasn't in the right state to do that so we left.

Now I have until next Weds before the fine goes up to £90. I've been in two minds over whether to just pay it and be done with it as we have enough stress in our lives as it is. But I don't think I can let myself do this - I'd be very annoyed with myself!!!

So - do you think I should write to them and be honest about the situation (but that would mean admitting that I was the driver) and attempt to appeal to their 'human' side? I can send them various Dr letters if absolutely necessary. Or should I send one of the template letters saying that I don't admit to being the driver on that day?

I just don't really want to start receiving a barrage of threatening letters to get stressed about nor can we afford to go to court if it comes to that!

Many thanks for any advice,

K

Hi gordies,

Well - like a twit I chucked out the main part of the notice as I was just going to pay and be done with it.

But i recall it did include two photos of my carat the top of the page

- arriving (around 8.40am) and leaving (around 9am) apparently.

Couldn't see who was driving.

It said that the car park is clearly marked for Lidl customers only and that 10 minutes free parking is allowed but as I was there for 23 minutes I had incurred a charge of £90.

£45 if paid by 14 Aug.

Then there was a load of 'official looking' stuff. Lidl parking is free for Lidl customers for 1.5hours - that was marked too.

Then the cut out slip at the bottom for the payment which i did keep.

The car park was pretty much empty!

Can you offer any advice?

Do I need to go rummage in my bin for the whole letter??

speculative invoice

it is NOT A FINE

just type ANPR in our search of the grey toolbar.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you walk to Lidl do these jokers pay you for not parking? How do they know that you didnt go to Lidl as well without breaking the law to find out? The truth is they dont know and if they did it doesnt matter a jot, for them it is a way of making money and nothing else.