• Tweets

• I see, shame, I think if a claim is 'someone was served' then proof of that should be mandatory. Appreciate your input into the WS whenever you get chance, thanks in advance
    • Paper trail off the original creditor often confirms the default and issue of a notice...not having or being able to disclose the actual copy or being able to produce a copy less so. Creditors are not compelled to keep copies of the actual default notice so you will in most cases get a reconstituted version but must contain accurate figures/dates/format.     .    
    • Including Default Notice Andy? Ok, I think this is the best I can do.. it all makes sense with references to their WS. They have included exhibits that dates don't match the WS about them, small but still.. if you're going to reference letters giving dates, then the exhibits should be correct, no? I know I redacted them too much, but one of the dates differs to the WS by a few months. IN THE ******** County Court Claim No. [***] BETWEEN: LC Asset 2 S.A.R.L CLAIMANT AND [***] DEFENDANT ************ _________________________ ________ WITNESS STATEMENT OF [***] _________________________ ________ I, [***], being the Defendant in this case will state as follows; I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in this claim. 1. I understand that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct or bad debts, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much-reduced cost to the amount claimed and which the original creditors have already written off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income as confirmed in the claimant’s witness statement exhibit by way of the Deed of Assignment. As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party. 2. The Claim relates to an alleged Credit Card agreement between the Defendant and Bank of Scotland plc. Save insofar of any admittance it is accepted that the Defendant has had contractual agreements with Bank of Scotland plc in the past, the Defendant is unaware as to what alleged debt the Claimant refers. 3. The Defendant requested a copy of the CCA on the 24/12/2022 along with the standard fee of £1.00 postal order, to which the defendant received a reply from the Claimant dated 06/02/2023. To this date, the Claimant has failed to disclose a valid agreement and proof as per their claim that this is enforceable, that Default Notice and Notice of Assignment were sent to and received by the Defendant, on which their claim relies. The Claimant is put to strict proof to verify and confirm that the exhibit *** is a true copy of the agreement and are the true Terms and Conditions as issued at the time of inception of the online application and execution of the agreement. 4. Point 3 is noted. The Claimant pleads that a default notice has been served upon the defendant as evidenced by Exhibit [***]. The claimant is put to strict proof to verify the service of the above in accordance with s136 and s196 Law of Property Act 1925. 5. Point 6 is noted and disputed. The Defendant cannot recall ever having received the notice of assignment as evidenced in the exhibit marked ***. The claimant is put to strict proof to verify the service of the above in accordance with s136 and s196 Law of Property Act 1925. 6. Point 11 is noted and disputed. See 3. 7. Point 12 is noted, the Defendant doesn’t recall receiving contact where documentation is provided as per the Claimants obligations under CCA. In addition, the Claimant pleads letters were sent on dates given, yet those are not the letters evidenced in their exhibits *** 8. Point 13 is noted and denied. Claimant is put to strict proof to prove allegations. 9. The Claimant did not provide a true copy of the CCA in response to the Defendants request of 24/12/2022. The Claimant further claims that the documents are sufficient to pursue a Judgement and are therefore copies of original documents in their possession. Conclusion 10. Without the Claimant providing a valid true copy of the executed Credit agreement that complies with the CCA, the Claimant has no grounds on which to enforce this alleged debt. 11. The Defendant was not given ample evidence to prove the debt and therefore was not required to enter settlement negotiations. Should the debt be proved in the future, the Defendant is willing to enter such negotiations with the Claimant. On receipt of this claim I could not recall the precise details of the agreement or any debt and sought clarity from the claimant by way of a Section 78 request. The Claimant failed to comply. I can only assume as this was due to the Claimant not having any enforceable documentation and issuing a claim in hope of an undefended default judgment.   Statement of Truth I, ********, the Defendant, believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true. I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in it’s truth. Signed: _________________________ _______ Dated: _____________________
    • AMEX and TSB the 2 Creditors who you need to worry about the least, ever!  Just stop paying them and forget about it, ignore all their threat o gram letters.  Only if, and with these 2 it's a massive if, you end up with a claim form you need to respond, and there will be plenty of help here.
    • No, nothing from Barclays. Turns out i have 2 accounts on here, and i posted originally on the other one. Sorry about that.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Unlawful Car Repo? MotoNovo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'll make the further request, thanks.

Can they say that because I didn't ask for the above in my original SAR that they want another £10, not bothered but they are using delay tactics all the time.

I did list my request but say it wasn't limited to...

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, am I being to suspicious to say what if they create the documents now that I'm asking for them?

In addition, I just asked for a list of things which aren't the things you are saying I need so they may try and pull a fast one.

On the credit file it shows default from July 2011 for a full year each month up to July 12 when the account was marked as satisfied.

I've got the full account statement here which they've sent. Now....in their system notes on

4 August 11 it says "file passed for right off liability £2152 reduced liability £1722.
Account Statement.

16 Aug 11 - Write off, write off arrears. Transfer to recoveries -£4400. Lit CR TFR on recovery a/c +£1010 final write off +4007. Final
In system notes

6 Sept 11 - Passed file to Equidebt
There are no other entries in the notes or on the account statement until our complaint which is noted in their notes.

I'll ask for all of the other information I just don't want them creating stuff.

Obviously the account was settled with Equidebt in July 12. But nothing is noted in this account statement

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

Finance Company - Equidebt is not mentioned on the credit file.

No Equidebt isn't mentioned anywhere on the creditfile, not anywhere at all.

What does that mean?

Thanks squaddie for your assistance.

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated (Insert Date). The disclosure of personal data is incomplete in that at least the following documents are missing.

(Adapt this next section to your situation)

1) You have failed to provide a complete list of transactions and charges.(Add details of missing period - or a transaction that you know about which is not included)

2) You have provided no notes, or documents relating to any legal action between you and myself.

3) You have provided no notes, or documents relating to instances of manual intervention.

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information I am missing.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

The time for compliance with my request has now expired. If you do not comply fully with my Subject access requestlink3.gif within 7 days, I shall apply to the County Court for an order to enforce compliance, together with damages at the discretion of the court.

Yours faithfully,

amend to your circumstances

Ok, going to send this.....

letter before action

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated (Insert Date). The disclosure of personal data is incomplete in that at least the following documents are missing.

1) You have failed to provide a complete list of transactions and charges. For example, there is no information relating to the final payment made to Equidebt in full and final settlement in this matter.

2) You have provided no notes, or documents relating to any potential legal action between you and myself.

3) You have provided no notes, or documents relating to instances of manual intervention.

4) I require screen shots of my full account.

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information I am missing.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

The time for compliance with my request has now expired. If you do not comply fully with my Subject access request within 7 days, I shall apply to the county court for an order to enforce compliance, together with damages at the discretion of the court.

Yours faithfully,

I don't want to ask specifically for things like default notices, termination notices, how much it was sold for at auction. Is that ok? I just don't want to give it away.

Unless you are willing to state exactly what documentation you require, it will difficult for any creditor to decide what is actually PERSONAL DATA which is all that a Subject Access Request is designed to achieve.

There are certain items related to any account that are not considered to be personal data e.g. the Deed of Assignment relating to the sale of the account and communications, and data they contain references to any third parties not directly involve in the matter to hand, you may consider that an item/document is personal data but under the Act this may not be so.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

In relation to DPA, when sending a SAR do you HAVE to by law send £10 or is a request valid if its without £10 but that the company can request £10 but 40 days is from original request?

Hello all,

Here's what I plan on sending which does detail what I'm asking;

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your letter dated 23 May 2013 providing copies of voice recording calls.

I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act information request. The disclosure of personal data is incomplete in that at least the following documents are missing;

1. You have failed to provide a complete list of transactions and charges. For example, there is no information relating to the final payment made to Equidebt in full and final settlement in this matter on the statement provided.

2. You have provided no notes, or documents relating to any potential legal action between you and myself. Please confirm that all copy correspondence has been provided?

a. Copy of Default Notice

b. Copy of Termination Notice

c. Copy of any Notice of Assignment

d. How much the vehicle was sold for at auction

3. You have provided no notes, or documents relating to instances of manual intervention.

4. I require screen shots of my full account including an explanation of terminology used.

5. In “Account Notes” there are a number of terms for example VT, DRY terms talked about, please explain all terms used.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998, I require full access to information held in relation to my account..

I look forward to your response within 7 days.

It is required that a £10 fee is applied when asking a Data processor for information

Tthe data holder/processor may waive the fee, the DWP for example do not require a fee to comply with a request

Send the fee to be on the safe side, if not required, they will return the fee

YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE A DSAR

So why you asking again about the fee

Oh only because we sent the first request without the fee and followed it up 2 weeks later with the fee because they ignored, they're now out of time anyway but just wondered the position because the law says "as he may require" I thought the £10 would be asked for.

Ok thanks, above letter is going RD and by e-mail tomorrow.

Ok I sent them a letter by e-mail and by post and they've responded.

They've sent a bit of a basic response, firstly they've sent me a copy of a default notice from Feb 2010 which was issued in error (not in original SAR) although there is no default lodged on Credit File for this time, this is because they took payment earlier than we had agreed.

There is no other default notice in the pack....shall I ask for confirmation that this is the last one?

I have attached their response which says that failure to pay the arrears within 18 days means that the agreement is terminated automatically, well I had this letter in error 2 years before the actual issue came about.

They say in their notes "VT (Voluntary Termination) Letter received in May 11. There isn't such a letter within the bundle because one was never sent.

They've offered £100 M&S vouchers in settlement of the fact that the credit file was incorrectly updated! LOL!

Edited by orfoster
Updated PhotoBucket links

i'm sure this is unlawful repo.

you should demand ALL payments back

and TOTAL removal of the account from her CRA file.

as for the 'wrong' date.

typically £1000 per faulty entry!!

Section 99 of the Consumer Credit Act gives the debtor the right to terminate a hire purchase agreement, simply by giving written notice of termination.

The right to terminate applies at any time before the final payment becomes due, unless the creditor has already terminated.

Contrary to the line taken by many finance companies,

the debtor need not have paid half the total amount payable,

and nor do they have to pay any arrears,

before exercising the right to terminate.

Sections 99 and 100 set out the debtor's liability on voluntary termination. The sections are complex,

but their main effect can be summarised in brief as follows.

If the sum of payments made and arrears before termination exceeds 50% of the total price, than the debtor is only liable to pay the arrears.

Otherwise, the debtor is liable to pay half the total price, less any payments already made.

so the debtor can terminate at any time if he has reached the 50 % mark

the debtor can terminate at any time before the 50 % mark but would be liable for payments still to reach the 50 % mark,

does not matter if the account is in arrears at the time or request to do a voluntary termination

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=16_hire_purchase_debt

in order to VT a car under the provisions of section 99-100 of the CCA

you do not to have paid 50%,

the act says that 50% of the total price plus any arrears will be due on termination.

You can terminate at any time and they would have to chase you for this amount.

Most garages try not to acknowledge this but it is the case nevertheless.

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well that's good news but just need to check something out....

She paid £2,650 by repo and 33% of the total balance inc interest would be £2,844!

Does she have to have paid 1/3rd of everything, interest and all because she is just shy of 33% or is it 1/3rd of the purchase price?

I might be getting confused.....

Also if its typically £1000 per faulty entry if they kept putting "D" each month is that an incorrect entry each time? The date of initial default is 15 July 2011 after they repossessed the car. The credit file reads that the "account ended 16 August 2011" but they continued marking defaults till July 2012.

There wasn't any deposit payable :sad: but there is this option to purchase thing which they say is optional but she never opted for this and doesn't actually know what it means its worth £150, it certainly wasn't optional!

If this wasn't there and the charges weren't placed on the account then it would be that she had paid over 1/3rd

Ok, including the payments made to Equidebt which have now been added onto the account although this was after repossession? Sorry if I'm complicating things just want to explore it all.