Returning to gym after Harlands DD issue?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Soo....

I've been asking a friend of mine to join the gym with me but says he can't due to cancelling the DD of a previous 12 month contract after 3 months due to injury but I don't think he informed the gym of this reason.

This happened about 2 years ago and he received letters saying he owed around £300 of remaining fees.

:violin:

However he has not heard from them in the last 5 months.

Would the charges come back if he joined another gym although the DD would be through Harlands or does the lack of post mean that it has been forgotten about?

I have a feeling the answer will probably be the same as the other posts on here: to write to Harlands and agree to pay the remaining membership fees... Then again does the fact he's not heard from them since change anything?

I guess he could try and use the injury as a way out but with there being no real evidence it doesn't seem likely...

Thanks!

Or just use another bank account or something similar if you are that desperate.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Nikks and welcome to CAG

Our experience of Harlands here on CAG suggests that, if they realise there is an outstanding issue, they'll want the "arrears" paid or they'll refuse to process the new m/ship.

5 months is not very long and I suspect they'd want the previous issue resolved.

It's a bit late to now refer to the injury issue - this should have been addressed at the time instead of ignoring their letters.

Perhaps the answer would be to join a new gym that is NOT administered by Harlands.

There is still the chance that Harlands will continue to seek payment for the past matter in any event.

:-D

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thank you both for your advice!

Either way as money's a bit tight it looks like he won't be going for a while until he either: Changes/finds a new bank account, finds a gym without harlands or save up the money to pay off the debt.

Seems running's the way forward for now

Thanks again :-D

Noted and, if YF starts getting chased by Harlands and/or CRS, come back if advice is required.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)