Lowells chasing cancelled budget car ins 'debt’

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

this is my situation.

My wife received a letter from a DCA called ‘Lowell portfolio I’ claiming that a ‘debt’ from a motor insurance company (Budget) has been 'assigned' to them (Lowell). They state that my wife ‘owes' a sum just under £100.00.

The background is that my wife had motor insurance with Budget, but her car was scrapped in Sept 2011. She notified Budget of this by post, and stated that she would maintain the policy up until it’s expiry in March, 2012. (As the fee for cancellation was nearly as much as the remaining balance).

However, Budget rolled-over the direct debit, even though they had been explicitly told that she would not be renewing. (They have a habit of doing this, even doing it to my dead father!)

She didn’t notice the payment leaving her account until early this year. She cancelled the DD and we wrote to Budget explaining this.

We heard no more, until we got this letter from Lowell.

My wife sent Lowell an email explaining the circumstances:

Regarding your letter dated 10th July, your reference 130779036.

There seems to be a misunderstanding on the part of Budget insurance. I have not owned a car for over two years, and my motor insurance policy was allowed to run to its natural term, when it was cancelled.

I subsequently discovered that Budget continued to take payments from my bank account without my authority, so I cancelled the direct debit and notified them of this. I owe neither them nor you anything, indeed, they owe me money. I will not tolerate harassment or threats from you in this matter, and will immediately refer such to my solicitor.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

As yet, they have not responded, but the letter from them, threatening to refer the matter to their recoveries business (Tocatto Ltd), has unnerved and upset her. Personally, I am always up for a fight with this type of organisation, but I hate to see my wife distressed.

What should I do next?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

SG

Tocatto IS lowlifes.

Lodge a formal complaint about them to the OFT & TS, exploiting a debtors lack of knowledge by using numerous trading names in order to confuse the debtor.

Ignore Lowlifes, and Red, and Hamptons illegal all of whom are Lowlifes.

Get back onto Budget and lodge a formal complaint with them demanding the reimbursement of the money they took, failure to do so WILL result in you taking legal action against them in the small claims court where they will be made to pay the full amount outstanding, plus interest accrued (at their rates) including costs.

The Customer Relations Manager

Budget Insurance

Fusion House

Bretton Way

Peterborough

PE3 8BG

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Right,

now had an email from them:

Hello Mrs X,

Thanks for that.

I can that the outstanding balance relates to a Budget Car Insurance policy which was taken out for a ****** ****, registration **** ***.

Our records show that the last payment received towards the account was £17.99 on the 3rd of September 2012 and that the policy was cancelled on the 23rd of October 2012.

The outstanding balance comprises of an unpaid premium of £20.38 and a cancellation fee of £75.00.

I understand you are dispute regarding this account. The account is currently being managed on our behalf by Tocatto. In light of this I kindly request that you contact Tocatto directly with full details of your dispute using the following details:

Tocatto Ltd.

5 Fulwood Business Park

Caxton Road

Preston

PR2 9NZ

0844 815 0687

Once full details of your dispute have been provided to them, they will be able to investigate the matter thoroughly with BGL.

Any advice, please?

SG

ah the rather dubious cancellation fee...

urm....

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ignore the siririots deal DIRECT with budget ONLY.

If Budget don't want to know, then they clearly don't want your money, Tocatto/Lowell/red/Hamptons will have NO way of dealing with a dispute between you and budget, they have NO details or information to refer to, just ignore them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hmm only threaten legal action if you are prepared to use it.

Exhausting their complaints procedure first is a definite, see what and where they decide to go with it.

Lowlifes are no better than what you might step in, lower than a snakes belly and just as sneaky with it.

Let them have both barrels then, Budget that is, don't bother wasting your time with the second rate Lowlifes, they can't read anyway...

Lowlifes are no better than what you might step in, lower than a snakes belly and just as sneaky with it.

Let them have both barrels then, Budget that is, don't bother wasting your time with the second rate Lowlifes, they can't read anyway...

I know - the guy who wrote the email above is barely literate…:lol: