RBS, PPI compensation offer question?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I have seen loads on ppi but cannot find an answer to my dilemma .

I have been lucky enough to be offered a compensation for a 7 year endowment mortgage which was mis sold alongside an misold assurance policy.

They have made an offer of £5k and have mentioned some vague workings out against their comparisons

for what they say I would have paid in a repayment mortage and insurance policy that would put me in the same situation.

They suggested the fos would help me to see if there offer was reasonable or not

but the fos service says they cannot do this unless they look at all the facts.

The rbs offer says deal off if I go forward with the fos in terms of a claim.

The trouble is their letter and workings out is very vague and does not say what comparative source they were comparing with my policy

so I have no way of knowing whether this is a fair reflection of compensation or not.

I don't know if its common place for them all to worked out a certain way from a source so that I can check what is being offered is fair or otherwise.

I am new to this issue so would it be wrong of me to ask them for how they arrived at their figures of suggested compensation

or should I just trust it will be right and go ahead.

I have already discovered they did not include my costs for a new mortage I was forced to take out upon realising it was badly performing .

Any sources of help to check out or advice if its fair to ask for how they worked it out would be great as I'm lost. Thanks again

These things are difficult to work out unfortunately.

Can you post up what their offer is and what they have said?

You can always ask them for a detailed analysis of their workings on the basis that you are not prepared to accept an offer just on their say so...you want figures that you can check and from which you can take an informed decision.