style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello friends, I have recently registered with ConsumerAction Group and my story is about Arnold Clark,CrowRoad, Glasgow.

I bought a second hand VW Beetle Cab from the above. I was misled to believe that they were VW second hand dealers, however they are not. The damage was on the passenger side: front and back bumpers with dents etc. The front and rear passenger alloy wheels were seriously scuffed. When I queried all this I was told my Mr Mn that this is what I had to expect from a second hand car.

I did not want to go through with the sale but after much deliberation between Mr M and Mr T (Mgr.) it was agreed that I could have a 'smart' repair carried out. There was lots of things that were not pointed out to me and I found later, i.e. the sill under the front passenger seat was buckled in. AC are now saying it could have been me. They failed to honour their 2 month warranty until one month later.

I wrote letter to Mr T (he told VW he did not receive it!!!!). VW Head office Sheffield have been very supportive and have opened a file concerning AC and my situation. I complained to AC Customer Services - Mr A.M. phoned me and said there was nothing that could be done. I have written to Mr E.H., Group MD for AC. I will let you know what happens.

To scanniaman I say that I know exactly what you are and have gone through with renegades AC. If I can support you in any way, I will do so. My next step is to contact Trading Standards.

Will come back when I have more to report.

Edited by Conniff

Hello ladycoke, welcome to the CAG.

Enjoy your visit, but take some time to look around the forum and understand where everything is.

It can seem confusing at first but you will start to find your way round and to understand what a helpful community we are.

You haven't received any replies to your post yet. Try posting your query again in a relevant sub-foum. You will get the help and support you need there.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Hello, thanks for your kind words. It is confusing but some kind person has placed my thread in the Vehicle section. Perhaps it is you? Thank you all the same.

Regards -

Contacted my MP this morning concerning my problems and issues with Arnold Clark, Glasgow. His parliamentary associate replied to the effect that she would pass my e-mail to the relevant case worker.

Will keep forum informed as AC must not be allowed to get away with this type of underhanded behaviour.

ladycoke

threads merged

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, I received acknowledgement letter from AC Customer Services yesterday on behalf of MD. At least this time they received my letter. When I wrote to the Mgr., on 3 May 2013 he told VW that he did not receive it. Very convenient!

Still no further news from OFT or MP Bill Esterson. Let's wait and see.

ladycoke

To all having trouble with AC. I have just received a response from AC. They do not admit liability, they are saying the car was never in an accident, either before or when in the care of AC. As a gesture of good will they are now agreeing to repair the sill under the passenger side.

Could this be their way of saying sorry? Should I take this matter further or just get the repairs completed and put the whole sorry business to rest?

Regards

ladycoke