• Tweets

• I made that payment on 13th Feb, then it all went down hill. 
    • Massive potentially that payment has been made in some form as accompanying evidence to your financial difficulties.  And yes, but add some more zing to the email if it goes to the CEO - You need to make them understand what they have done. And telling the CEO  / MD of the biz what their actions have done to you - It adds to the complaint weighting.    
    • I have just found an email (and checked and verified it on my MCB account online) and I did make a payment to them, but then obvs didn't after that. Will that make any difference to my case? 
    • This is what I have said in my email of complaint:   On 29th November 2023 I took out a loan of £5000 with you. Unfortunately very early into 2024 I have found myself in financial difficulty and I contacted you on 13th February 2024 asking if there was any way I could extend the length of my loan to 36 months and I fully explained why I was requesting this and asked for your help. I again contacted you on 7th March 2024 to advise you of a change in my circumstances which resulted in me having to take out a DMP and asking you to confirm that the direct debit had been cancelled. You would have also received confirmation of this DMP from StepChange but you did not acknowledge receipt of my email.  I have now therefore fallen behind on several of my debts, yours included, and as a result you have lodged a Cifas marker against my name for "evasion of payment", which has resulted in me having to change banks, which has been an extremely difficult process because of the Cifas marker. I do not feel you have been fair or given me the opportunity to fully explain my situation to you before you lodged the marker against my name.  I cannot stress to you enough how much this has affected my mental health. I am having trouble sleeping and my existing health condition has been exacerbated by all of this.  What I would like you to do is to please remove the Cifas marker and let me make arrangements to pay the loan back through a DMP. If you fail to resolve my complaint within 8 weeks, or if matters are not settled to my satisfaction, I will have no alternative but to refer my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. I look forward to hearing from you. Yours faithfully, Should I send something along those lines to the CEO? 
    • Right... Misuse of Facility is a Cat 6 and is considered the worst out of all of the CIFAS Categories for CIFAS Markers.  However lets see what happens when MCB come back to you. Make sure you refer it to the CEO.    IF YOU DONT HAVE A VALID REASON FOR THE ISSUE WITH PAYMENTS ETC - Then the marker will stay.   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Full Final Settlement offer - MINT

neobass
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Remedy solution to fix it? or just a continuing oversight?

Needs thought, imo I want to read the whole thread again!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here is the CCA request

whomever you are pAYING bar bank accounts send them one.

I think you'll be rather surprised

or mores

the point annoyed.

adapt the following text to YOUR details.

DO NOT SIGN THE LETTER!

get a £1 BLANK Postal order

write on the back

for statutory £1 CCA FEE ONLY.

post the two off by !st class post, get proof of posting from PO counter

they have 12+2 WORKING days to comply.

firm demanding money

street,

town,

county

postcode

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:- Account/Reference Number 12345678

I do not acknowledge any debt with your Company or Associates

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide, including a detailed statement of the account.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

just to clarify

cca requests goto the ones that are being thru the DMP. i'e Barclays etc

whomever is getting money from the plan.

use a blank £1PO etc etc as advised in the post

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

here is the CCA request

whomever you are pAYING bar bank accounts send them one.

I think you'll be rather surprised

or mores

the point annoyed.

adapt the following text to YOUR details.

DO NOT SIGN THE LETTER!

get a £1 BLANK Postal order

write on the back

for statutory £1 CCA FEE ONLY.

post the two off by !st class post, get proof of posting from PO counter

they have 12+2 WORKING days to comply.

firm demanding money

street,

town,

county

postcode

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:- Account/Reference Number 12345678

I do not acknowledge any debt with your Company or Associates

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide, including a detailed statement of the account.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

Hi DX,

OK so I must send this to each one of my creditors, regardless that I have sent them FF offer?

yes I would.

p'haps start a new thread in the named bank forum of the original creditor

as each is returned [or not]

they have 12+2 WORKING days]

dx

and they

yes I would.

p'haps start a new thread in the named bank forum of the original creditor

as each is returned [or not]

they have 12+2 WORKING days]

dx

I shall get this going. By doing so what do we expect to find out, that more of it is a sell out?

if the debt is enforceable!!

dx

and they

if the debt is enforceable!!

dx

But from my standpoint these are real debts as I've got myself into the situation,

so by asking the creditors or DCAs something I already know seems odd.

The part you say enforceable,

I assume you refer to them bullying me into paying more than the debt is worth?

In which case CCA follow up is an essential move before any monies is sent there way

no its a legal requirement for anyone demanding money from you

under an agreement regulated by the consumer credit act, to hold

an enforceable copy of said agreement signed by you.

if/if not the demanded balance is correct or not

at this stage is immaterial.

typically where you get debts sold on by the original creditor

this is an indication there is something WRONG with the debt

thus they writ it off

pop it on a phishing list

and sell the problem on.

as with all debts, it a matter o fan information gathering exercise

never ever assume what is written in letters by dca's

or even worse heard on the phone is CORRECT.

ALL the DCA's are concerned in is getting money out of you.

they don't care about your rights/the law/the guidelines

if they can get away with fleecing someone

they will use ANY method to secure payment.

just look where your money to a dca goes:

http://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/property_news/news/millionairedebtcollectordigsdeepinsouthkensington.html

dx

• Confused 1

and they

no its a legal requirement for anyone demanding money from you

under an agreement regulated by the consumer credit act, to hold

an enforceable copy of said agreement signed by you.

if/if not the demanded balance is correct or not

at this stage is immaterial.

typically where you get debts sold on by the original creditor

this is an indication there is something WRONG with the debt

thus they writ it off

pop it on a phishing list

and sell the problem on.

as with all debts, it a matter o fan information gathering exercise

never ever assume what is written in letters by dca's

or even worse heard on the phone is CORRECT.

ALL the DCA's are concerned in is getting money out of you.

they don't care about your rights/the law/the guidelines

if they can get away with fleecing someone

they will use ANY method to secure payment.

just look where your money to a dca goes:

http://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/property_news/news/millionairedebtcollectordigsdeepinsouthkensington.html

dx

OK I have blank £1 postal orders, so in the 'Pay' section leave it blank and just write on the back for statutory £1 CCA FEE ONLY - correct?

yes that's what the advise says.....

dx

and they

Photocopy the PO with the endorsement re the stat fee.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

if they are offering any kind of discount = ignore the debt

dx

and they

yes sri that should have been one of the first things we told you to do.

don't 'blindly' start paying anyone again

await the letters to flood in.

well deal with them debt by debt

dx

and they

write to the dmp and cancel

dx

and they

no

not until we check each debt

await the letters

then we cca them as necessary

dx

and they

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...