Airline tickets paid -but price gone up

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received quotation from travel operator for airline tickets by email.It only gave me 1 day to pay for tickets.At the time i did not realize it was such short time and i did bank transfer for full amount 4 days later

However, it now transpires the ticket prices have gone up and i need to pay an additional £425.

I am not familiar with workings of airline travel as i last went abroad over a decade ago

As the booking as not been confirmed Can i have my money returned (the email only says deposits are non refundable )

Is 1 day legally sufficient time for payment?

Thanks in advance

I received quotation from travel operator for airline tickets by email.It only gave me 1 day to pay for tickets.At the time i did not realize it was such short time and i did bank transfer for full amount 4 days later

However, it now transpires the ticket prices have gone up and i need to pay an additional £425.

I am not familiar with workings of airline travel as i last went abroad over a decade ago

As the booking as not been confirmed Can i have my money returned (the email only says deposits are non refundable )

Is 1 day legally sufficient time for payment?

Thanks in advance

Yes 1 day is sufficient as flight prices change all the time.

You are entitled to your money back in full.

• 2 weeks later...

Thx . For refund the travel agent told me to email my bank details ( i thought he would have had them anyway?) , heard nothing for a week.Phoned and they said it takes about 2 to 4 weeks to refund money back to my account.

Seems a very long time , or is this standard procedure -anyone clarify?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Many discounted flight bookings must be paid for ("ticketed" in industry jargon) within a short time in order to guarantee the price. This can be as short as by 7pm the same day. Therefore it is reasonable for your fare to be requoted in this scenario. If the new fare isn't acceptable to you, then you are entitled to a refund of the payment you made, as there has been a failure of consideration.

Your post raises a big red flag for me however in that the agent wants you to pay by bank transfer. Bank transfer payments give you no come-back in the event the agent fails to ticket your reservation or transmit the money to the airline, and an agent who asks for payment this way is one I would be very reluctant to do business with. Credit or debit card would be a far more appropriate payment method.

For the record, paying someone by bank transfer does not give them your bank details.