Lloyds and Halifax

johnnydoe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently had an account closed my Halifax and I opened an account with Lloyds the same day.

Now with Lloyds Group owning Halifax - can they find out about my account closure with Halifax and subsequently close my new account with Lloyds that has just been opened?

I have recently had an account closed my Halifax and I opened an account with Lloyds the same day.

Now with Lloyds Group owning Halifax - can they find out about my account closure with Halifax and subsequently close my new account with Lloyds that has just been opened?

Halifax and LTSB have been together for some while now, what on earth made you go to LTSB when the Halifax account was closed ?

When you say recently.. what time are we talking about ?

I would have thought that the closure of the Halifax account would have been discovered at the time you opened the LTSB account - they tend to do credit checks on the spot. Is it a basic account you have ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

There has been a problem with my Halifax account and I was told to come into any branch with ID. I then done so and was told by Halifax that there is an indicator on my account and the department they need to speak to is not open on a Saturday.

They also told me my account is going to be closed.

They couldn't tell me why but may be able to when the department opened on Monday.

An appointment was made on Monday. I need my wages paid into an account. So as soon as I stepped out of Halifax I went to the first bank I saw which was Lloyds TSB and opened their classic account.

Silly me I forgot that Halifax are owned by LTSB.

Assuming my Halifax account will be officially closed on Monday- would LTSB know and subsequently close the Lloyd Account I just opened?

Hi,

If they don't close it you should do so, then open an account with another Bank not associated with Lloyds Banking Group.

Was there a '0' balance on the Halifax account.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

There was a balance of £30. But I was supposed to be paid on Friday. The money never showed up in the account. Halifax told me it may be in their holding account or rejected by the company who pays me.

Why do you advise I close the account if they dont?

My credit isnt the best and I was actually surprised to have been accepted an account with Lloyds.

I am in the midst of repairing my credit and dont want to be making applications for bank accounts in case I get rejected.

Is there a high chance the account will be closed?

Why do you advise I close the account if they dont?

I was worried about the the Banks Right to Offset meaning that your bank can take any income in your bank account to offset against any debt you owe them.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I would say yes, it is likely that LTSB will discover that your Halifax Account has been closed by them. I guess it will depend on the reason it has been closed as to whether LTSB would take any action with your new account.

What you need to establish is WHY Halifax have closed the account. TBH, You need any reason in writing

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D