style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So 4 months ago I decided (don't know the hell why) to shoplift two nail polishes and a cream from Boots. I've done also a purchase of £80, and before going out, I realized they were looking at me and left the stuff behind and went out. Outside a security guard stopped me and led me to this room. There they checked my bags and they also had what I left behind with them. I asked if I paid the items would they let me go and they said yes. But before, they got my details and I don't know if as a smart or stupid move, I gave the address of the house I used to live, not my curent one. They never said they would send me anything, and what I sign was something saying I was ban of the store. anyway, I was too nervous and ashamed to think properly.

They never call the police, but as a international student, I have to go to a police station and notify that I moved all the time I do. I haven't done that yet and I'm afraid that if I do, they will see my matching name-address with the papers I signed.

I'm just worried that I received something in my old address and now not paying or whatever I had to do will actually put my name on the record.

My concerns are: is my name on the police's record if it was not envolved at the time? and also, was I suppose to receive anything if tehy let me go and pay for the goods I "almost stole"?

Thank you!

The police will have no interest in a non-existent crime. The store might know of your intention to steal but you didnt so their action of making you pay for items that you didnt remove was wrong, as was demanding your details. They wont be reporting you to the police as they will only be confirming their wrongs by doing so.

Yep. No crime was committed. I know a couple of people that grab armfuls of goods, walk around being suspicious, then when they spot security heading towards the entrance, they put the goods down in an aisle and walk out. Guards try to stop them, but they have absolutely no reason to.

The papers you signed will NOT go anywhere near a police station. They only exist for the shop you went into. Thats it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 months later...