Help - PCN 01E Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours (double parked/obstruction)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I came back to my car tonight with this, I've been parking in this same spot for couple months now.

" PCN 01E Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours (double parked/obstruction)

Observed from 21:30 to 21:30"

I've done a bit of reading up and believe it means they are saying I parked on yellow lines? Is this correct?

The photo they took I'm not even on the road with the lines! :S

But the photo seems to also focus on the kerb, so I read up more and found out I'm not allowed to park there supposedly? But that would normally go under Contravention Code 27.

Where do I stand with appealing this?

Thanks.

the lines restriction extends to the boundary wall

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We can't see where the 'road' in question goes (is it your land?) but your back wheel is about an inch away from the double yellows so you've probably been very lucky to get away with this for a couple of months. If it's a Council ticket then pay the fine before it goes up and think of it as a parking fee, but then find somewhere else to park!

Where do I stand with appealing this?

What would your grounds of appeal be? You are quite clearly on double yellows, in the mouth of a junction. As said above, the yellow line restriction covers the whole area from the centre of the road up to the building, including footpaths etc. The contravention code is the correct one, I think.

What would your grounds of appeal be? You are quite clearly on double yellows, in the mouth of a junction. As said above, the yellow line restriction covers the whole area from the centre of the road up to the building, including footpaths etc. The contravention code is the correct one, I think.

I don't think it's clear at all that I am on the yellow lines, I am parked on a different road that the yellow lines are even on? :S

The contravention is possibly correct in regards the yellow lines however the 'e' suffix should no longer be used as Councils do not enforce obstruction (its not a civil offence) and double parking is code 26 not 01. The contravention as stated on the ticket did not occur you were parked in a restricted street but were not causing an obstruction and not double parked.

The contravention is possibly correct in regards the yellow lines however the 'e' suffix should no longer be used as Councils do not enforce obstruction (its not a civil offence) and double parking is code 26 not 01. The contravention as stated on the ticket did not occur you were parked in a restricted street but were not causing an obstruction and not double parked.

Thanks for the reply Green_and_Mean, if this is the case, where do I stand?

Thanks.

Parking in the mouth of a junction or on any other kind of corner could be viewed as obstruction, because it limits drivers' visibility and could therefore be dangerous. Check the Highway Code for guidance and whether this is open to any interpretation, but perhaps that's what the ticket is for rather than the double yellows. I wasn't aware that obstruction was beyond local authority enforcement though so you'd need to check that too.

Parking in the mouth of a junction or on any other kind of corner could be viewed as obstruction, because it limits drivers' visibility and could therefore be dangerous. Check the Highway Code for guidance and whether this is open to any interpretation, but perhaps that's what the ticket is for rather than the double yellows. I wasn't aware that obstruction was beyond local authority enforcement though so you'd need to check that too.

Obstructing what? Where is the obstruction defined in the traffic order? Where is the junction, its a private drive? What regulation is he meant to have broken, obstruction may be contary to the highway code but that doesn't permit a CEO to wander the streets randomly looking for cars he considers are poorly parked

What a silly place to park, highway code states not to park by a junction I would pay the PCN and put it down to lucky I got away with it for so long

You need to go to specsavers there is no junction, he is parked on a crossover to a private housing complex, if it was a junction it would not have yellow lines across it!