style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could ask them, or if they refuse, SAR them and ask for it specifically.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hey All,

As per TPO website, the agent should inform the prospective tenant in "writing" the purpose of holding deposit. Are they supposed to give the tenant a copy of the form on which tenant authorizes them to draw holding deposit?

At the time of accepting the offer from customer, what all is an Agent supposed to do in the interest of customer?

One of the Agent retained my holding deposit by interpreting my LLs reference in her own way. Basically what happened was that at the time of viewing, I explained the agent very clearly that I was made redundant in April. She said its all-right and as long as I am able to prove my employment till April. However the next day, the landlady who works a the same Agency said she was not willing to let out the property to me and that she will talk to lady who showed me the flat.

She finally refused to let let the property to me saying that my credit check has failed as my LL reference was not good enough. I had a discussion with my LL and he says that he had said that I was a nice guy, living here with boys and there were a few occasions when the rent had got delayed when I was at my home country. My current contract is a joint tenancy and I told the Agent about this? There is no way I can be held solely responsible for delays in rent.

I think as the landlady did not want to give me the flat, she just made an excuse. Is an Agent free to interpret the LL reference in just any way they like? What prospect are open for me now? £350 is not a small amount. Please help me.

Edited by gsc-cert

So this LL ref came from LL you were thinking about compensation from, for no GSC in your previous thread?

You were jointly resp for rent, even when on holiday. LL prob wrote that 'during the joint T, rent was occ late' without naming you as the cause.

LL ref is optional, he cannot tell lies, but say he gave you a bad ref, what do you plan to do, sue him for libel? I doubt LA will release the ref without a Court order, even with SAR. Most LLs contact previous LL directly so letter copyright remains with author. A LL is entitled to reject any T application provided they don't breach several Discrimination laws.

If current LA/LL has not accepted your T application, then they should refund your deposit in full. End of.