To Court or not to Court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Potted history here......

Back in Feb I agreed to do some work for somebody etc

agreed a price blah blah.

through no fault of my own it was a sobering 2 weeks as the company failed to supply correct parts etc.

when I asked to be paid they huffed and puffed for 3 weeks.

constant mails and calls from me went unanswered despite my request for meetings etc,

they sent me texts saying this n that,

in a nutshell I am still owed over £1800.00.

to which they have made no contact with me in over two month and made no attempt to pay me,

I think I need to send a nice letter recorded post, and give them ( how long ) to pay in full

or give a reason why they haven't? (I don't know of any )

as customer is happy and paid the complete bill.

If no answer in the timescale then as the title says...To Court or not to Court.

Waddya recon guys?

Regards..Mr Worried :)

You could give them 14/28 days in which to settle the account in full or to provide a reason why they aren't. Small claims court has an increased limit of £10,000 before serious costs kick in now.

In the event that they don't pay, then depending on how you worded the letter above, would be whether you then issued a Letter Before Action, or issued immediately.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You could give them 14/28 days in which to settle the account in full or to provide a reason why they aren't. Small claims court has an increased limit of £10,000 before serious costs kick in now.

In the event that they don't pay, then depending on how you worded the letter above, would be whether you then issued a Letter Before Action, or issued immediately.

Thanks for the speedy reply, to be honest I don't even want to issue a recorded letter as they have had long enough to resolve and they are aware of this, I would rather go straight for the claim through court? you mention ( how I worded the letter) will that have an effect as it will say Pay the freekin amount etc. ?

Cheers

You need to send an LBA before going to court send it and give them 7 days or 14 days to pay then fill out court forms

OK Tahoma.....I will just do my own worded letter, probs post here for comments or adjustments.

Cheers