Dispute Overdraft Account Letter Template help.

dejavus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

First of all am new here and I ve just stumbled upon pinky696's thread which has taken a good 2-3 hours to read through the thread, so here is hoping someone can advice me.

I have an HSBC account with an overdraft limit of £1,500 this was my salary account and has always been paid into this account, I have a default registered in April 2007 but is still showing in my credit file 6 years later, but now that I suppose it should no longer be there based on the fact that a default should drop off the account after 6 years, should this still be registered on my account at all?

Account Opened 21 March 2007

Last Updated28 February 2013

Opening Balance £0

Credit Limit £1,500

Headroom £1,500

Worst Status 1

If not who should i take this up with, Callcredit or HSBC?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Just edited the Post title as it seems a but misleading.

Edited by dejavus
Post heading requires clarification

When was the default applied to your credit file? Your credit file should tell you. The entry you have shown us doesnt state a default. Just a general account. Also remember that callcredit are notoriously slow to update the files. It's just a good job very few lenders actually use them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

default should fall off, look again next month?

I hope so.

When was the default applied to your credit file? Your credit file should tell you. The entry you have shown us doesnt state a default. Just a general account. Also remember that callcredit are notoriously slow to update the files. It's just a good job very few lenders actually use them.

April 2007.

Is that what it states on your file? Im only asking because the copied entry in your first post doesnt show it.

If it was april 2007, then allow up to 30 days for it to be removed. It should be removed on the 6th anniversary of the entry, but as i said, callcredit are normally slow to update files.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Is that what it states on your file? Im only asking because the copied entry in your first post doesnt show it.

If it was april 2007, then allow up to 30 days for it to be removed. It should be removed on the 6th anniversary of the entry, but as i said, callcredit are normally slow to update files.

Thanks for the reply, the reason why it is not showing in the copied entry is that callcredit only have my account updated till the end of February which is why it says Last Updated28 February 2013. I ll wait till the end of May and if there is no update, then I ll have to get in touch with callcredit I suppose.

Last updated normally means thats the last time a creditor gave them current information. As already said, it should be removed within 30 days of the april date. IF it isnt, file a dispute with callcredit.

Last updated normally means thats the last time a creditor gave them current information. As already said, it should be removed within 30 days of the april date. IF it isnt, file a dispute with callcredit.

Duly noted, will check back next month and provide update if required. Thanks for all the comments.