issued with Littering from a car - Fixed Penalty notice - [fag end]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Shall i put...dear sirs, I am happy to release the identity of the driver once you provide me with photographic evidence of the said offence involving the car ...reg..

I wouldn't, in case they have a photo. You could ask what legislation requires you to identify the driver, and then waffle about the Human Rights Act and the Data Protection Act - they may not apply but you can use it as an excuse why you cannot identify the driver.

Shall i put...dear sirs, I am happy to release the identity of the driver once you provide me with photographic evidence of the said offence involving the car ...reg..

the car was there but i am disputing throwing a fag end...and unless they have photo evidence how can they prove it came from my car,

By writing to them you will be confirming you are the registered keeper.

Everything else then becomes a process of elimination, such as you being the only person insured to drive the vehicle and/or you being the only person in the vehicle at the time.

Confirming you are a non-smoker would stuff them, as would not being black, or male.

no fixed penalty notice should be issued until there is sufficient evidence to support a prosecution. The point here is that there should be very few circumstances in which an authority writes to an alleged offender for further details after a fixed penalty notice has been issued. It also says re litter from vehicle...after obtaining reg keepers address an officer should go to address (if local) to clarify the Offender is the same person they saw....!! My point now is the alledged offence was on thurs 25th, letter sent out fri 26th..so where was the visit to r/k address to confirm ID??? Before fpn sent....

no fixed penalty notice should be issued until there is sufficient evidence to support a prosecution. The point here is that there should be very few circumstances in which an authority writes to an alleged offender for further details after a fixed penalty notice has been issued. It also says re litter from vehicle...after obtaining reg keepers address an officer should go to address (if local) to clarify the Offender is the same person they saw....!! My point now is the alledged offence was on thurs 25th, letter sent out fri 26th..so where was the visit to r/k address to confirm ID??? Before fpn sent....

If you live near where the offence was commited they may have followed you home.

Do you smoke by the way ?

How clean are your car ashtrays ?

If you live near where the offence was commited they may have followed you home

That still would not have identified the person who dropped the litter. The reason for a home visit is to see if the authorised officer recognises the person who dropped the litter (or get them to admit they did!!). If they do, they can issue a FPN to that person, if not, that is the end of the matter.

Edited by Raykay