• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Buy As You View HELP **Resolved **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In May 2012 I purchased a TV off buy as you view.

I was paying £13.00 a week every week and I have never missed a payment a

nd have always been in so they can collect the money from those black boxes.

To cut a long story short our black box broke that we put the money in 3 weeks ago so i have been unable to use the TV.

We did ring buy as you view to explain but was told we would have to tell the man when he came to collect the money.

I knew buy as you view were meant to be coming round yesterday

but unfortunately I miscarried yesterday morning so I had a friend sit in my house

and wait for Buy As You View whilst I was in the hospital to explain

that the black box was broken and find out another way to pay for the last 3 weeks

(there was £33 in the box and they needed another £65 which was in my bank account ready to pay)

When the guy got to my house my friend explained all of this and he said ok

well you will have to sign this piece of paper (my friend being stupid didn’t read it properly

and signed it just presuming it was a receipt of some kind)

once he had signed it the man then emptied the black box and took the TV.

When i returned from the hospital to find my TV taken

(bare it in mind myfriend does not live with me so how can they get her permission to remove items from MY house whilst i am not there????)

I rang BAYV and spoke to a lady who said she had never heard of this happening and would have a manager ring me within the next 24 hours....

24 Hours later still no phone call so I rang back and asked to be put through to a manager when I was put through to somebody called Mark.

I explained my problem and I asked why this had happened without my consent

and explained that it is theft to enter my property without me there and to take items without a court order to which

he told me he had every right and there was nothing i could do.

I then threatened to contact a solicitor and ring the police because again its theft

he said well my driver who collected the TV said there was a kettle wire in the back of it and that’s illegal???

Firstly what’s a kettle wire?

Secondly i live in the house by myself, I wouldn’t know what a kettle wire was if you waved one in front of me,

thirdly I NEVER touched the back of the TV or The black box since it was installed.

I had no need to, I always paid every penny to them every month without fail until there box broke so

I contacted them and had the money ready to pay them?

I also asked how much I had paid of the TV;

I had paid off £790 then the £33 they took along with the TV.

And I was told I’m not entitled to a penny of this back?

Why are they lying like this?

And what can I do about this?

I feel so lost and down already as it is after miscarrying yesterday I don’t need this as well.

Please somebody give me some advice...

Edited by citizenB
formatting and font size reduction

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome to CAG, very sorry to hear of your miscarriage.

I dont know much about baytv but im sure someone will be along with the right advice soon.

Do you have a copy of a contract with their T&C's on the back and does it say anything about removal.

Also do you have a price on it to say how much the TV cost to see what percentage you have paid in relation to its value,

i'm assuming its an agreement to buy and not just to hire.

Good Luck and get well soon.

Edited by boswell
typo
  • Confused 1

If I have been helpful please tickle my scales or better still contribute to CAG.

Hi Thank you for your concern, it has been a difficult couple of days.

I do have the terms and conditions but it seems to go around the houses it mentions removal if you have an unpaid debt with the company they will send bailiffs.

But i dont have any debt with the company, their box broke

and i had the funds to pay but i just wasnt it the property

when i rang buy as you view i offered to pay the £65 off as it was in my account.

Also baliffs didnt come

it was the same man who emptys my box every month?

He had no court order and i wasnt given any chance to resolve this.

My friend explained i wasnt in and asked them to come back tomorrow when i got back from the hospital

but the man was apparently arrogant and ignored my friend before walking out, no explanation.

I had paid £823 of a tv package which came to £1600.

Yes it was an agreement to buy which makes it worse as i now have no TV and have lost £800 which i could have bought the tv with.

It was a 43" samsung 3d tv which values at £449 in Currys,

So i have paid double and cant do anything...

Hello Rebecca, I have moved your thread to the correct forum. I am sure there will be caggers who are able to advise on this situation.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think all the experts have gone to a BBQ, tbut i'm sure they will be along shortly.

Had a quick google on CAB site and it says,

When can the lender repossess the goods

If the lender ends the agreement, for example, because you haven’t kept up with the repayments, they may be able to repossess the goods. Usually, the lender will need a court order to do this. But if you’ve paid less than one third of the total amount, they don’t need a court order. The agreement should tell you how much one third is.

You have paid half so he shouldnt have taken the tv, paticularly in view of you reporting the fault, and more so because of your sad misscarriage. What a nasty peice of work they are.

Have you thought about going to CAB tomorrow and did the moron leave a copy of what your friend signed.

If I have been helpful please tickle my scales or better still contribute to CAG.

I am defiantly going CAB tomorrow

he did leave a copy

its a collection by consent/termination ticket

but can they get away with somebody who doesnt live in the property signing it and taking it?

also you can barely read whats written on it,

there is no name for the collector and he hasnt filled it in properly...

He has filled the top in with my name and address the date and it says signature with my friends signature???

Products returned section is filled in with just the word SAMSUNG.

Then it says please ensure all sections below are completed and all sections are signed as required.

SECTION 1 it says payment taken - YES Amount £33.00

SECTION 2 isnt filled in at all.

SECTION 3 - REASON (TICK ONE OPTION ONLY) is not filled in

They are horrible and upon ringing them they have been no help what so ever

i have been passed from pillar to post and i know this doesnt matter

but the man who has taken the tv has marked my laminate by banging the money box on the floor to detach it

and has left a big dent and scratches. Lol.

When i spoke to Mark the "Manager" of buy as you view

he was arrogant,

interruptive and

even shouted at me down the phone

when i asked if i could have my money back as they have taken the TV back!

I will do that now

but I have spoken to the "Manager" of buy as you view today called MARK and he was no help and just rude.

Im unsure as to why he was rude or why he felt the need to tell me at the end of the call

i couldnt do anything because there is a kettle lead in it when i have never and would never mess with the back of a TV, i would probably die of electrocution.

All I did was put money in the meter every friday and watch the tv

and since it has been broken i have watched TV in my room.

I will contact her now thank you for the details

but I just want it resolving and i want to know why the man who came to collect my TV was so rude

and wouldnt wait to speak to me,

Its not like i planned to be in hospital and if i am perfectly honest I dont need the stress right now.

I Will contact Elaine now

Thanks Again x

Rebecca

Please keep this thread updated with progress as from past history the BAYV rep fails to keep threads updated or engage directly with BAYV customers on this site apart from pushing people to the e-mail address.

• Confused 1

Rebecca,

I certainly hope heads roll at bayv after you have complained to them, the attitude of some of their staff stinks, particularly when dealing with someone in distress like yourself. God it makes me angry, wouldnt like to say what i would do if something like this happened to my daughter.

That "mark" person was more thank likely another front desk rep or a basic supervisor.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have emailed the above address but i just dont no what to do.

I live by myself and have a job which barely makes ends meet.

I now have no TV and i cant afford one at the moment,

i have a small portable one upstairs which i will bring down but for £800 you expect more.

I have always been the model customer, I have always paid on time,

I understand the money wasnt right there next to the TV

but i had more to worry about than going to a cash machine when I needed to go to the hospital.

I wish i wouldnt have gotten somebody to sit in and wait for them

which i thought would be the right thing to do

because at least then i would still have the TV

which i would have paid for twice over.

m not asking for much just a TV to watch and for the company to treat me with some respect.

After explaining what i am currently going through not one of them cared and not one of them helped me.

This Mark i spoke to had me on loud speaker in a car ( i could tell with back ground noise) and answered the phone Hi its Mark.

I will keep you all involved but i guess i have lost the TV and the money now and theres not much i can do...

I just hope this never happens to anyone else again because its so distressing

knowing a stranger can come in your house whilst your not there and take a personal belonging.

In my eyes that is theft.

Hi rebecca. Theres no need to worry. They can not force their way into your house. If they did, they are risking a lengthy prison sentence, as would the directors of BAYV. If anyone comes calling, tell them through a closed window or door to leave immediately or the police will be called and they will be forcibly removed.

The "collectors" are nothing more than ****, and rely purely on threats and intimidation to get their own way.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

They already have renegadeimp I was in hospital and my friend opened the door and they took it, i dont owe them anything and have paid most of it off.

They are horrible and the stress on top of everything has really brought me down xx

That's great Rebecca keep the thread updated as and when you can, but above all don't resign yourself to defeat - its not over yet. Morons.

Im going to keep my head held high and go CAB when the doctor finally lets me off bed rest, and im going to see what i can do hopefully something can be done and if not im going to write about my experience with them every where i can to warn others that they are horrid people with no concern other than where there next pay check was coming from, i wonder how many poor people they have done this too x

i wonder how many poor people they have done this too x

I dont think i want to know, i like to sleep at night.

Rebecca, if you do copy any correspondence on here dont forget to blank out any personal details.

Rebecca, I have asked one of the other guys to pop in and see if they can help you out with this issue. Sadly it is not my area of expertise but watch out for dx100uk to pop in here.

We are all back from the BBQ now (sorry boswell, couldn't resist :lol:)

If they walked in and took it without permission, then it is theft.

I have just received correspondence back from Elaine @bayv

Hi Rebecca,

I am so sorry you have had cause to complain, especially when your going through such a difficult time. Please be assured I will ensure you are contacted as soon as the office is open tomorrow.

In the meantime please don't hesitate to contact me should you need any further assistance

Kind regards

Elaine

Customer Service Director

We are all back from the BBQ now (sorry boswell, couldn't resist laugh.gif)

LoL, thats fine ims, would have done the same given the chance, just been trying to keep poor rebeccas spirits up, she really has had a very bad experience in more ways than one.