PayPal Dispute! Help?

powah
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just recieved a call from a DCA called Akinika (Formerly known as iQor UK).

They were telling me how PayPal passed it onto them and if i knew about the debt and stuff.

I told them that yes i know about it and i reported everything to the Police and that i also have a Crime Reference Number.

I gave the lad my CRN and he told me they will send this back to PayPal and see what happens from there.

Anything i should know for later on down the line?

Thanks again!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only deal with these people in writing too. Don't discuss anything over the phone x

If they ring you again tell them to put it in writing!

Remember you need a paper trail! DCA are not your friends, they are in the business of making money, out of you if possible x

scotgal 

As for sending an empty tracked envelope, it won’t work for two reasons. Firstly the weight/cost would be shown on the envelope, an empty envelope would weigh considerably less than say a mac book or iPhone. Secondly the buyer can change an item not received case to a significantly not as described case. If you send an empty tracked envelope you’re just going to cause more aggro.

I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think PayPal debts can adversely affect your credit rating but I’m not sure. I doubt any DCA will take this very far, as you said once you mentioned police and crime number they say it was going back to paypal….hot brick anyone? lol

As said above, and I’ve said it myself one zillion times use Gumtree to sell expensive items and insist on cash on collection.

A letter just arrived from Akinika telling me about the debt with accepted methods of payment

and also that If i do not take action to resolve it immediately,

they may commence legal action the in the County Court / Sherriff Court.

It also says that they may also instruct a doorstep collector to visit my home to discuss my financial circumstances

and agree terms of repayment/schedule regarding the outsanding debt.

Should i ignore this due to them saying they will send it back to PayPal

after i gave Akinika my CRN? The date of the letter is the same day they called me.

Thanks again

As for sending an empty tracked envelope, it won’t work for two reasons. Firstly the weight/cost would be shown on the envelope, an empty envelope would weigh considerably less than say a mac book or iPhone. Secondly the buyer can change an item not received case to a significantly not as described case. If you send an empty tracked envelope you’re just going to cause more aggro.

Nonsense.

This does work as I have done it myself.

Ebay will give the benefit of the doubt and they will refund the buyer from their money, not from you the seller, meaning both parties get the money. It's not ideal that these people get away with it but you can only fight fire with fire in these situations.

Also, you don't send the empty envelope to the buyer. Send it to another address in the same postcode, some random address. The 'buyer' won't know what has happened and won't have anything to show for it. As far as eBay is concerned the tracking said it got there and that's that.

If the buyer is asked to return, which they will be, you can bet your life an empty box will be sent back. The second you have signed for that box get onto eBay and tell them it's empty. Trust me, that buyer will be sat on the Royal Mail site waiting for an update to get the case closed. You MUST get in there first before eBay close the case.

They don't ask to see receipts, just tracking numbers.

I have completed tens of thousands of transactions on eBay as buyer and seller most good but some idiots have crossed my path and every one has taught me something new about how not to get ripped off. I know what I'm talking about.

Sadly eBay has become this way and if you can't play the system you are going to get mugged off at some point.

A letter just arrived from Akinika telling me about the debt with accepted methods of payment

and also that If i do not take action to resolve it immediately,

they may commence legal action the in the County Court / Sherriff Court.

It also says that they may also instruct a doorstep collector to visit my home to discuss my financial circumstances

and agree terms of repayment/schedule regarding the outsanding debt.

Should i ignore this due to them saying they will send it back to PayPal

after i gave Akinika my CRN? The date of the letter is the same day they called me.

Thanks again

willy waving ignore them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I recieved an email from PayPal 7 hours ago and im not quite sure what it means... it says

----------------------------

Dear Alex

PayPal has made a transfer between the balances in your account for the following reason:

Our policy of converting all negative balances to E after 4 days

The following transfers were made:

Negative balance :

-395.82 GBP

Covered from : 466.19 EUR (1 Euro = 0.851193 British Pounds)

-----------------------------

So now my PayPal balance is negative -£407.11.

They just transferred it to Euro or what?

Alex they're scaremongering you, they're doing so you will ring them and they will start asking you to restore your balance. What they've done is convert the money you owe then into Euros so you'll think "omg my debt is getting worse I better sort it"

Do as Brig has suggested BUT only in writing x

scotgal 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have almost the same situation with you Powah. I have received my second warning letter from Akinika (Debt Collection Agency) about two weeks ago. I have sold an iphone5 of a friend and he has given the phone to the frauder. As soon as we receive the payment via Paypal we have transferred the money to the bank account. The next day of the collection I have seen the dispute opened on Paypal. I keep ignoring the letters.

Please inform us if you have any news, I will do so.

Selim

• 2 weeks later...
PayPal have already paid out a refund to an additional 3rd party whose account was compromised and defrauded by the same thief. It matters not how much you hate Paypal, and for the record I don't think much of them, but, however you play this one it's not PayPal's fault and it's not PayPal that should be down £390.

I certainly wouldn't be claiming that with any certainty.

I got a call from an Unknown number today. I dont answer calls from Unknown/Blocked numbers but im gonna go ahead and guess it was Paypal or iQor maybe?

• 1 month later...