• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Bank won't take a report of unexplained debits from my bank account. What can I do?

Stevlynd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am wondering if a commercial loan agreement I have with NatWest is valid

as due to a change in the properties borrowed on it is not for the amount I borrowed.

I would not normally be concerned but they have called in the loan.

I was told it would be renewed at the end of the term but then the banking crisis happened and they changed their minds.

They are also using a cross collaterisation clause on other loans I have with them over a longer term.

They said they would never use this clause as long as I didn't miss any payments which I haven't.

Please note I am not & never have been in arrears.

I have never missed a payment, been late with a payment or been short on a payment.

We have just found out the loan is not covered by the FSA (I know their name has now changed)

but all their email correspondents state they are authorised and regulated by the FSA, is this not fraud?

Have seen a solicitor who feels I was miss sold the product but haven't seen him again as I didn't have much faith in him.

I have put in a complaint with the bank & the financial ombudsman both of which are being supported by my MP.

I sent a SARs by recorded delivery on the 11th of March and sent an email on the 5th ofApril to advise them I had I no response.

I attached the original SARs letter& reminded them the clock was ticking.

Please note there is much more to this case, too much to note here.

I am looking for a solicitor who has a proven track record in this area.

I am also prpared to use less conventional methods at this point as I don't have much else to loose.

I have worked very hard for my properties and I just want them back.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BCOBS only controls behaviour in current accounts for individuals and small businesses.

Loan agreements are not subject to BCOBS. They will be subject to COBS which also gives a right of direct legal action

BCOBS only controls behaviour in current accounts for individuals and small businesses.

Loan agreements are not subject to BCOBS. They will be subject to COBS which also gives a right of direct legal action

Thanks for that its a great help. Will review the whole of this conversation & am sure will then have a million questions thanks in advance.

I am wondering if a commercial loan agreement I have with NatWest is valid as due to a change in the properties borrowed on it is not for the amount I borrowed. I would not normally be concerned but they have called in the loan. I was told it would be renewed at the end of the term but then the banking crisis happened and they changed their minds. They are also using a cross collaterisation clause on other loans I have with them over a longer term. They said they would never use this clause as long as I didn't miss any payments which I haven't. Please note I am not & never have been in arrears. I have never missed a payment, been late with a payment or been short on a payment. We have just found out the loan is not covered by the FSA (I know their name has now changed) but all their email correspondents state they are authorised and regulated by the FSA, is this not fraud?

Have seen a solicitor who feels I was miss sold the product but haven't seen him again as I didn't have much faith in him. I have put in a complaint with the bank & the financial ombudsman both of which are being supported by my MP. I sent a SARs by recorded delivery on the 11th of March and sent an email on the 5th ofApril to advise them I had I no response. I attached the original SARs letter& reminded them the clock was ticking. Please note there is much more to this case, too much to note here. I am looking for a solicitor who has a proven track record in this area. I am also prpared to use less conventional methods at this point as I don't have much else to loose. I have worked very hard for my properties and I just want them back.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

When they return your S.A.R.,and if they have a copy off the loan agreement check it with your agreement very very carefully.

When was this commercial loan taken out,what year.

In another thread you say they have called in the receivers.How did they manage that did they go through the court.

Did you send the S.A.R. request to Joyce Tudor at Gogarburn in Edinburgh.

Regards Streetwise.

Edited by Streetwise
Wrong name.

When they return your S.A.R.,and if they have a copy off the loan agreement check it with your agreement very very carefully.

When was this commercial loan taken out,what year.

In another thread you say they have called in the receivers.How did they manage that did they go through the court.

Did you send the S.A.R. request to Joyce Tudor at Gogarburn in Edinburgh.

Regards Streetwise.

I have a copy of the original loan which was emailed to me last year at my request.

It is the same as the one I have, but it has a property on it twice that I did not end up refinancing.

We were going to buy a bungalow with an acre of land & to get it we had to put into the pot

our house in joint names with about £100k equity

a £180,000 shop and flat injoint names (mortgage free) which was

and one of my other half’s properties £100Kequity.

After the deal fell through we were only able to get our house back out and the Bank manager made out he was doing us a massive favour in doing that.

There was never another agreement done but the original has the original properties that we put in

and these 3 properties although the charge was taken off our house.

The original loan was taken out in 2007 just before the crash.

Over the next 2 years I took out 4 further loans interest only over 15 years

although they made a mistake with the date on one of them which made it over 1 year

this was never changed either even though I informed them.

The bank manager just said don’t worry about it will just roll over and be renewed.

There was a clause in the contract which said they could take the properties back which I did question in a 2 hour session

going through the contract, before signing, along with a million other questions but I was reassured all the way

that as long as I paid I had nothing to worry about.

I had also done a business plan with the bank manager as I had never done one before and it was a 20 year plan.

The first 10 - years I would buy as many properties as I could, interest only,

and the second 10 years as rents rose, to pay them off as quickly as possible,

so they were fully aware it was a20 year plan.

I had given up my nursing career to support my other half’s business and the income from the properties

was to be my pension as my otherhalf had a pension sorted.

The original SAR request was sent by post to The Data Protection officer at their head office in Edinburgh.

The subsequent emails were to anyone I could find at NatWest,

including Steven Hester, Joyce and my bank manager with large letters requesting

if they are not able to deal with it then they should forward it to the relevant department.

you say you have a copy of the original agreement,

is your agreement exactly the same as the copy they sent you,

the reason i ask is because you say it has a property on it twice

does your agreement have this as well, the copy is it stamped (True original agreement of a certified loan agreement )

LOOK at both the loan agreements very carefully even one word out of place will help you check that the bullet points match up,

that the numbers are in the exact position on both agreements.

,regards Streetwise.

I have just received some paperwork from the bank following my SARs request, they did say it would come in cribs and drabs. The copies of the legal charge are not signed by the bank. Does this mean they have no claim on them or is it very wishful thinking on my part?

Have just rung the land registry and they said it only needs to be signed by the borrower.

When I then asked surely it needs to be witnessed she wanted to know who I was.

I told her I wanted to remain anonymoys for the moment.

She then told me the charge needs to be signed by the borrower and witnessed.

There are no witness signatures on the copies I have from the bank. Should I do a SARs to the land registry?

Got my SARS request paperwork from nat west, loads missing by the way.

Failure to comply fully within the timeframe letter winging its way to them as I type.

Please see my other posts which explain why I did the SARS request.

Have been going through things and there are 2 payments to a company one last month for £700 and one in jan for £1,500.

I have spent over an hour on the phone to nat west 3 different departments customer services, business banking and the fraud department.

None of them can gain access to this account.

The fraud department are saying I can't report the fraud if they can't access my account.

They are also saying they can't confirm this in writing.

Have told the lady I have been speaking to she needs to find someone who can write to me.

All phone calls recorded even though the one in business banking said I couldn't have my phone on speaker for security reasons.

When I told him I was secure in my own home & I had no security concerns.

If they come back with a sorry we can't write to you does anyone have any advice on what should I do?

Also how do I find out who the payments are to?

Thank you for your reply.

I don't have the agreements with me at the moment so not sure if there is a stamp or not, will check later.

Does it make a difference if they are commercial loans, do they still need a stamp???

The list of properites is stapled to the loan agreement.

Am begining to wonder if my copy is the original agreement though as i think i asked for a copy a couple of years ago

but not sure which agreement it was as i took out further loans with them and it could have been one of the others.

Sorry am new to all this and although I am reading and watching videoes can't find anything specific to my case.

Regards

Stevlynd

T

Thank you for your reply. I don't have the agreements with me at the moment so not sure if there is a stamp or not, will check later. Does it make a difference if they are commercial loans, do they still need a stamp??? The list of properites is stapled to the loan agreement. Am begining to wonder if my copy is the original agreement though as i think i asked for a copy a couple of years ago but not sure which agreement it was as i took out further loans with them and it could have been one of the others.

Sorry am new to all this and although I am reading and watching videoes can't find anything specific to my case.

Regards

Stevlynd

The list of properties are just stapled to the agreement,

I asked about the stamp as they have been known to stamp the agreements to make you think its original.

T The list of properties are just stapled to the agreement,I asked about the stamp as they have been known to stamp the agreements to make you think its original.
Each loan agreement has a list of properties stapled to it i.e. the previous properties. When I bought a new one that. Was then added to the list. None of the loan agreements have a stamp.

Where is your branch located?

does it have a business manager there all the time or just an occasional one.

If the former, then I would drop in and demand to see the business manager and take copies of your correspondence with you.

Tell the manager that you want the disputed monies returned to your account until the problem is resolved.

This is a requiremnt of the banking code that they are all signed up to.

if the manager refuses then you will have to take the matter to the ombudsman.

This will take a while but you will be awarded suitable compensation and the bank will be publicly admonished so they like to sort it out with you.

Had fraudulent DD placed on a Barclays account and they said they could do nothing.

I gave them a police crime number and told them I was going to the ICO and banking ombudsman

and they siad they would refund all of the missing money as long as I indemnified them againt any legal challenge.

Well, a crook is not likely to risk damaging a possible nice little earner elsewhere so i am happy with that.

You may ahve to do the same if the sums are disputed or the result of sharp practice by some of these dodgy companies that seem to misuse B2B supposed verbal contracts.

4 threads related to broadly the same account merged.

please keep to one thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

do a chargeback

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi thanks for that

but have since traced the payments myself googling the company.

Have managed to get copies of the invoices emailed to me,

no breakdown of what anything is for.

It seems it is a solicitor acting on behalf of NatWest/RBS & I get to foot the bill, see my other posts.

Not sure how I account for it though as its a bill to NatWest not me. Also, wonder if NatWest will claim the vat back.

This is more than a little strange imo, I would suggest a formal complaint to the Director of retail Banking, the bank cannot I think just debit their legal costs to your account based on an invoice in the banks name.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

so they have had you in court then?

dx

and they

This is more than a little strange imo, I would suggest a formal complaint to the Director of retail Banking, the bank cannot I think just debit their legal costs to your account based on an invoice in the banks name.

Hi thankyou for your reply. sorry but I didnt get notifications of your reply & couldn't find the post.

In the end I just hit everyone at the bank with an email & yesterday got a letter from Stephen Hesters office to say they are looking into my complaint.

Please see my other threads.

There is a telephone number so will ring them later.

I think from reading the contract they can do pretty much anything they like.

Hi thank you for your reply sorry but I didnt get notifications of your reply & couldn't find the post.

It would seem from the contract that they don't have to take me to court.

Steve, would you like me to merge both your threads in order that people have the full story as to how you got to this point ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Steve, would you like me to merge both your threads in order that people have the full story as to how you got to this point ?

I think that would be most helpful CB.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: