Aviod Easylife like the plague!

Surfer01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My father ordered and paid for some goods from Easylife who are based in Kent in December 2012. On arrival the goods were found to be faulty and he returned them within 7 days. First time was on 4th January 2013. They were replaced and the replacement was faulty and sent back and replaced once again with another faulty unit.

On each occasion my father had to pay to send back the faulty goods. At end of February he requested a refund of his money, but all they did was send another replacement which again was faulty. He has been chasing them for a refund ever since and every time he phones there is always an excuse.

My father is 87 and on Pension Credit and the refund of the goods plus postage costs would be welcome. The item in question originally cost only a few pounds, but with postage csots he is due a refund of at least £27.68.

I have written a "Letter before Action" to the company, but fully expect it to go via small claims court. I am wondering if Trading Standards would prosecute due to their flagrant disregard for Distance selling Regulations and Sale of Goods Act?

According to this website my father is not alone with delaying tactics by this company. See here.

Stick with your action but do let trading standards know that there is a problem with this company failing to comply with the DSR's of the SoGA.

The summons dropping on the doorstep is usually enough to get the refund as it will cost them plenty totry to avoid their obligations any longer (unless they go for insolvency).

I have contacted TS which is done via Citizens advice and the reply beggars belief! My complaint was about the issue informing them of the Letter before Action, but also telling them that the company were totally disregarding the DSR and SOGA and that they should be prosecuted. Answer was that it is not illegal to sell faulty goods and that I should initiate a claim against the company. It seems that the person responding has no idea of DSR or SOGA!

They are right, it is not illegal to sell faulty goods but it is unlawful, which is different. The former being a criminal offence the latter being a common law tort. You may sue for the latter. Just get on with your LBA and then be prepared to issue a summons. Come back here for help with the wording.