• Tweets

• you mean you did aos on mcol yes? pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.   dx  
    • The Letter of Claim information is not absolutely essential, but it would be useful for two reasons. Firstly, judges take a dim view of companies or individuals who rush to court without giving the other party notice and a chance to settle - the Letter of Claim.  If they didn't send it we could include this point in your defence and it would be detrimental to them. Secondly, we know Countrywide.  They are a very small cowboy company.  The are reluctant to do court, simply becasue they are very bad  at it.  Their record of beating Caggers in front of a judge is exactly 0%.  They have lost every time.  They send the Letter of Claim also to look for people who don't reply, thinking that the person might not reply to a claim form either, giving them an easy default win.  Conclusion - always best to reply to a Letter of Claim and ridicule the PPC's case.
    • Any update here? I ask as we have someone in a similar situation.
    • It's possible.   I suffer from ADHD and also anxiety and depression currently and struggle with paperwork.  I'll have a search around to see if i can find anything.  If they did send something I haven't replied.   I thought there's no way that they will pursue this because I know for a fact i didn't park in a private space and the evidence they have sent is so ridiculous.   What impact does this other paperwork have? Thanks!   I already sent the acknowledgement as i panicked and thought today was the last day to respond.   Then i remembered this wonderful forum.  I'll follow the steps in the sticky next.
    • The particulars of claim doesn’t mention statement of accounts.  Should I include that in the cpr letter?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Local support / Short-term Benefit Advances (Community Care Grants and Crisis Loans)

nitelite2003
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

it will vary from council to council, i believe my local council are not issuing cash for anything

my local council are referring people to a local charity who provide donated/reconditioned cookers/fridges and other furniture

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

i have often thought about this myself if its replacing the community care grant ect ect then how are they gong to do this? i know people who have had food voucher but i dont know how the furniture is going to work though be interested to see how it does work

Hiya,

I have had problems with my ESA being stopped 5 weeks ago, where is in the past if this happened I would have applied for a Crisis Loan, but today was told that I have to apply to my Council for help. So have been onto my council for help. They are not issuing any money what so ever, their crisis help states that they can help ONCE in a 52 week period. They will give you a food package with enough food in for 3 days and a £10 gas or electricity voucher. that is all of the help they are willing to give.

I have just been told today that even though my appeal had been upheld before I get any money from them at all I have to attend a medical. Atos says its going to be the end of May before I can get one, so I now have to wait 6 weeks for an appointment... and I have all ready waited 5 weeks to get this far.

I have no idea how I am going to cope in the next 6 weeks...

The local councils are unprepared for whats going on, and the help is so limited its virtually useless...

http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/4668/ Someone has written a guide to the Short Term Benefit Advances/

Also if you have been successful in an appeal surely they should pay you any money they owe you? Seems very dodgy to me. Did you go to Tribunal? Any new assessment would surely only be valid from then, not what has been decided before..

Hi Ellie

I thought it was going to go to tribunal, however, after contacting them today I was told that they had upheld my appeal and my claim was reopened. This happened without it going to tribunal. I actually phoned on a completely different matter.

The guide is very interesting, nobody at all told me about the short term help, they all said, and have done for the last 5 weeks I needed to contact my local council for help.

The local council are inundated with requests, I had to wait 20 mins for somebody to answer the phone and say we will call you back when possible within the next three days...

Nobody seem to know and understand what on earth is going on. I suppose only time will tell.

Looks like a bit of fiddling going on at the DWP, either they accepted your appeal or they didn't. If they did surely that would mean they should be paying you something? If they didn't why would they reopen your claim. (which you had never closed?) I wonder if you could do a Subject Access Request to get all the information they have on you regarding this claim. Have they said why they won't pay you at least the assessment rate? (same as JSA?).

Everything is such a mess at the moment, and nobody knows what they're doing, there are so many changes, and most of them punitive.

Maybe someone else will know more. It all sounds iffy to me! I hope you can at least get some funds from somewhere quickly.

As an alternative, do you know if you are eligible for Income Support? have a look on gov.uk https://www.gov.uk/income-support/overview

Apparently you don''t get NI credits, but for some, it's less stressful, and can be assessed quicker than ESA.

Ellie

I have been trying to get help for the last 5 weeks, they totally closed my claim, said that I would have to claim again, and because I had missed the appointment that I had to wait until I had the appointment / medical before they would pay me anything at all. Unless I won my appeal which I was told today that I had and my claim was reopened and the new claim merged with it. Why they had to merge the two I have no idea, it would have made more sense to close that one.

I have had loads of help on my thread, I came on here because I applied or tried to get help with the Chris stuff from my local council which I kept being pushed towards. After talking to them they pushed me back to the DWP saying that if my claim was open I should be getting something from them.

the horrifying thing is though is the council can only give you 3 days help, and you can only apply for help once a year... not month YEAR which means that your stuck with no help. I have been pretty fortunate since my family is feeding me, if I didnt have that fall back I would have been in trouble 5 weeks ago when my last payment was due. to be honest its 7 weeks in total since my last payment, 5 weeks since it was due and 3 days help is just no help at all... it wont even plug the hole.

I submitted a SAR two weeks ago, but that can take up to 40 days to come back, which is another 6 weeks, it will be interesting to see what it has to say though and thank god it does not cost the normal £10 otherwise I wouldn't be able to have done it.

What has really got me is nobody seems to know what they are doing, this is benefit reform, and its in total chaos, when I first phoned my local council I got told that somebody woudl phone me back because there was only a limited staff on duty as they were trying to train more staff to deal with the requests but it was not happening fast enough.

The DWP are giving out wrong information

The Local councils are supposed to be helping with Crisis stuff but they are not there to pick it up its supposed to be a short term solution, I accept that, and I accept that it can be misused but when people generally just need help its not helping.

I was told to phone the action helpline but that is so busy there is an answering machine on all of the time and you have to leave a message, I am still waiting for them to phone me back.

I know they are snowed under, I understand that the changes are affecting a lot of people, but there seems to be this air of, well you just have to wait, and they take their time its not of course their problem its only their job it doesnt affect them, but come on...

I've just seen your other thread now, what a mess. The people taking ESA queries are only trained to follow a script and do not have all the information available to them. I'm just wondering if they are treating you almost as a new claim, would it make a difference if you could send in a 'fit' note from the GP? I really don't understand why they are not giving you any money at all.