Problems with ingeus

mickymouse19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, recently my ingeus advisor has been very rude to me so i filed a complaint and it still continues.

im on JSA, would i get sanctioned if i walk out of my appointment?

she has been making me do impossible stuff too like, making me apply for 10 advertising jobs in a week that i have never applied for and she contacts them to make sure.

sounds to me like you got one stuck up b!tch as an advisor, i would record what she says and put in a complaint to head office. if nothing is done then put in a complaint to the jobcentre.

i have told the jobcentre about her because she tried to sanction me because i failed to apply for 8 jobs in 3 days...

they said to me that they will never sanction me for it as its completely unfair.

my ingeus advisor said to me once that i am not making an effort to find work, yet about 7 jobcentre staff have said my job searching is perfectly fine and another ingeus advisor said the same...

to be honest though, it seems like at the ingeus office i go to its the women that are ****s :)

but since i have filed a complaint to ingeus and the jobcentre, what would happen if i walk out if i feel she is being a ****?

To quote: webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/provider-minimum-service-delivery.pdf

• A personalised package of support that is tailored to your neds
  • Respect at all times and support to set your own goals
  • Encourage and act on your feedback and complaints

I would back up joeski's advice to record all conversations, but be discrete about it as the "adviser" may complain and threaten you if caught. Typical excuses will be "breach of the Data Protection Act", "infringement of human rights", "invasion of privacy of other clients", or "I will sanction you for ..." - The last one can be countered by stating you require an accurate record of events rather than the creative, incomplete, and inacurate reports penned by the "adviser".

As for walking out on a meeting - Probably best not to do that as you could get a "Failure to Attend" sanction upheld. However, you could argue that the sanction is a spiteful response to an ongoing, and as yet, unresolved complaint lodged with Ingeus (but don't expect to win on that point alone).

Another line of attack is to take a friend along as a witness/advocate and prior to sitting down inform the adviser of your "rules of engagement":

• You will address me as Sir (if female, your preferred form of address).
  • Any insinuation that I may engaged in illegal activities will result in this meeting being terminated.
  • You will provide me copies of all paperwork for my own records.

I used these lines on the last "meeting" I had, and it laid the foundations for a particularly hostile engagement, but I'd already signed off so there was nothing the harpie could do :tongue1:

Edit: In response to your second post, take a friend/advocate, and ask "Are we done ?" at regular intervals - One you get an affirmative answer on tape, walk.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

im quite a shy person and dont like to be rude... or have arguments as ill just get p'ed off and walk...

thats why i prefer to do all my complaints via email/letters... although i probably need to actually say it to her.

thank you for your help btw :)

mickymouse19 - I was the same for a while. Sit there quietly biting my tongue but slowly building to a point where enough was enough. From day one, I was recording the meetings, so could say with certainty what was said, and when. On reaching tipping point, the gloves came off starting with easy questions like "So what exactly is it you do ?"... "You want me to go on this basic literacy course, have you considered attending it as I think you would benefit more."

Got to the stage where I was accused (amongst other things) of "having an attitude problem"... to which I countered, "My dear boy, I do not have the attitude problem. It is you that has the problem with my attitude."

The last one made me laugh :)

at the rate its going though, she will end up getting a response and she not like it... and knowing her she would probably try and sanction me for it :)

are advisers suppose to change after 1 month because when i first went to ingeus i was told they do?

Are advisers suppose to change after 1 month because when i first went to ingeus i was told they do?

If the staff turnover is anything like what I've heard of, a new adviser was assured due to the last one exiting stage left.

One more to keep your spirits up - Parting shot with the last adviser on being informed that "you will do what I tell you". "Oh you poor deluded little girl. [pause] You ask, and I will, after due consideration, do by mutual consent."

:) all she seems to be doing is telling me to do stuff that i can do at home (which i do).

a friend of mine that goes there is constantly switching between them...

also... my contract with them is due to end in a few weeks... what will happen?

will i be able to refuse to go there again?

also... my contract with them is due to end in a few weeks... what will happen?

will i be able to refuse to go there again?

You'll probably get a few nuisance phone calls asking if you've got a job - Might be worth preparing a cease & desist letter and print a few copies off using their equipment & paper. I have a standard template that uses the phrases "Any unsolicited phone calls will be regarded as harassment and will be reported to the relevant authorities. In addition, I reserve the right to bill you for my time at a rate of not less than £100."

I don't know what happens once you have served your sentence, but I suspect the JCP will mandate you to undertake another punitive activity.

One more thing: Once you have finished with Ingeus, file a SAR with the DWP and insist they include ALL information held by third parties (including Ingeus) along with all internal emails/documents - This should cover your back if there are any unfounded allegations in the future and might show due process in resolving any ongoing complaint about your "adviser".

I did that and was shocked by the claims made by a WP manager regarding some alleged threats - One advantage of recording conversations - Proof that no such threats were made.

Sorry to hear you're getting grief off Ingeus (though it doesn't surprise me in the least). So much for Ingeus' 'Complaints System'! I had a miserable, patronising 'advisor' for a while but she shot herself in the foot by not following DWP guidelines and then being daft enough to sign her name to her errors :)

I'd also complain to the DWP themselves; the section that deals with Work Provider training contracts, as they're the ones who are on the look-out for things like this and will certainly take note. The Jobcentre has no power of it's own, all they do is pass on the complaint to those who have so you may as well do it yourself and not risk your complaint getting lost - or ignored by the JC.

Ingeus also have a head office in London - address should be on their literature - you can also write there too and tell them your complaint here is being ignored. Make as much publicity and reporting as you can, it's the only way to get your message across with these people.