Have Lowells stopped issuing statutory demands ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I can't remember seeing anyone recently make a new post saying that they have been issued with a statutory demand on behalf of Lowells ? They are still continuing with bankruptcy petitions according to reports in the London Gazette.

Have they stopped doing this, just paused or reduced the number they are issuing ? Going by what is reported via CAG, there does appear to have been a change.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Certainly has gone quiet with Lowells and SDs here. They're either pausing for breath before resuming with another flurry or maybe the OFT are finally starting to take an interest.

It's also quite possible that the cost of losing set-aside and petition hearings is starting to bite them. The process server would cost them up to £150, £20 for a land registry search to see if their victim owns property. If they have to go to court the solicitor would another couple of hundred and if they lose (which they do at least 90% of the time), another £200-400 in costs. If they lose at petition stage it would probably cost them thousands. Not very clever when they're chasing a debt that's barely over the £750 bankruptcy threshold like they did with me.