Moving with a suspended possession order

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a suspended possession order granted to the council back in 2010 for non payment of arrears, since then I have paid my arrears religiously at the amount set by the court.

I had another baby last year and we currently have 5 people living in our 2 bedrooms home! I have 2 boys in 1 bedroom aged 11 and 7 and me and my partner share a bedroom with our 10 month old daughter.

I requested a move from the council but I was told I cannot move due to the suspended possession order. My housing officer stated though if I had spare bedrooms this would be a different story!

They have recently closed down our local community legal advice centre so I am really at a brick wall with getting some advice on this. I have trawled online looking for something but I can't find a thing.

What I really don't understand is they are moving people that are being hit with the bedroom tax wether or not they have arrears or a suspended possession order yet because I have no spare bedrooms I cannot move! Surely it would be just the same paperwork if I were to move?

Is there anyone out there that knows anything about this sort of thing?

Edited by skylarker1