Clarity Arrow Global 7 Year old debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Just received a letter from Clarity chasing an old, must be now 7 year old debt. I have had no contact from the original creditor or any other DCA regarding this old credit card debt until now. They are asking for a final single payment of 2k less than the amount which I don't remember it being so much at the time, must be all the interest, or settlement repayment plan, which I do not intend on paying anything as I am sure its SB.

I have just successfully got Lowells of my back with the help of CAG members only to get a letter out of the blue 3 days later from this different DCA. Do DCAs pass information onto other DCAs or is this just coincidence? My credit file is clear with experian but I have not checked equifax, so should they be the same after 6 years?

Can a CCJ be on experian and not on equifax?

Any advice on how 'Clarity' work and do they work under different names like Lowell/Red etc?

And what would you advise on my next step? Thanks in advance.

I think a simple prove it letter is the best opening gambit.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ng-of-the-debt

The result will let you know what you are dealing with.

If it is SB then you will find an appropriate letter in the library.

If this does not apply then come back and say so. Then one of the 'Big Guns' will take over with more detailed advice.

get your CRA file

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have my CRA file, I have an account with experian and there are no debts on there absolutely nothing? Would this be the same for equifax? Should they relect each other over the past 6 years history when it comes to defaults etc or CCJs?

Possibly yes, but it must be remembered that some creditors do not report to all the agencies, the agencies do NOT share data contrary to popular belief!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: