T-Mobile price increase _Cancel contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

it is now confirmed T Mobile have blacklisted my two mobile phones, even though i purchased them as sim free open to all networks

its not the number they have blocked its the IMEI number, if i put my sim into another phone it works fine

so i have had to order another two phone to replace the two blocked as they say it could take a month to sort it out

not happy

had my SD Set aside thanks to CAG

won with lowells thanks to CAG

dont ask me though these are the people to help:D

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it is now confirmed T Mobile have blacklisted my two mobile phones, even though i purchased them as sim free open to all networks

its not the number they have blocked its the IMEI number, if i put my sim into another phone it works fine

so i have had to order another two phone to replace the two blocked as they say it could take a month to sort it out

not happy

How are they allowed to block the IMEI - Who will pay for the replacement mobiles and if you don't mind, what is the combined cost of the mobiles?

£525

i have been told it will be investigated, i have had to send in the recipt for the phones by post to prove they are mine.

funny how today i got the final bill and today they are blocked

i know its very petty what they have done but i have sent them a nasty letter listing my costs to date to replace the phones compensation for lack of use and my time i have charged at £90 per hour so they now owe me more than i owe them

should it go to court i will counter claim with the amount, or if it doesnt i will take them to court for it

this was posted on MSE a very interesting email

"Thank you for your email.The written notice that was issued in early April 2013 was sent without knowledge of what the actual March RPI figure would be until published on 16 April 2013, however, this increase in charges is not an increase above the published month March RPI figure of 3.3% and does not give the customer a right to cancel. This was a risk that we took as a business as to what figure would be published on 16 April 2013 but that was our risk to take as a business and does not give the customer the right to cancel. As a business we anticipated the RPI figure for March, if it had been lower than expected customers would have been entitled to cancel their contracts but as this is not the case, cancellation of your contract without penalty is declined.As you have reached the end of our escalation process, if you wish to take this matter further you will need to seek external advice.Yours sincerelyJonathan BaillieExecutive Office, EE"

has anyone else had a response from the letters sent, i know i havent except for the problems with blacklisted phone

I'd already come to the conclusion that for my pre-October contract it was too high risk to pursue a Cancellation due to an increase in excessive of RPI. I feel T-Mobile would win in Court with such a Rationale. ie. there's nothing to stop them using Mystic Meg for determining a suitable figure should they choose, as long as it is not in excess of the RPI for the 12 months prior to the Written Notice.

Should they use that Rationale then I'd expect their Shareholders to vote them off the Board since they are taking a 50:50 gamble on a very large loss for a very small gain (0.1%) and if I were a Shareholder I wouldn't feel that that is the sort of Financial Management I was looking for.

I do feel that anyone that Cancelled before 16.04 would likely win their dispute since T-Mobile made it that Time was of the Essence in relation to the Cancellation stating it should be immediate.

I'm still perusing Cancellation for my post-October Contract where I feel there is no risk.

I'd already come to the conclusion that for my pre-October contract it was too high risk to pursue a Cancellation due to an increase in excessive of RPI. I feel T-Mobile would win in Court with such a Rationale. ie. there's nothing to stop them using Mystic Meg for determining a suitable figure should they choose, as long as it is not in excess of the RPI for the 12 months prior to the Written Notice.

Should they use that Rationale then I'd expect their Shareholders to vote them off the Board since they are taking a 50:50 gamble on a very large loss for a very small gain (0.1%) and if I were a Shareholder I wouldn't feel that that is the sort of Financial Management I was looking for.

I do feel that anyone that Cancelled before 16.04 would likely win their dispute since T-Mobile made it that Time was of the Essence in relation to the Cancellation stating it should be immediate.

I'm still perusing Cancellation for my post-October Contract where I feel there is no risk.

i agree to try and cancel now could be risky i did cancel before the 16th so i will fight them if it comes to it.

I see the press are now looking into it so anything might happen but to admit to it being a guess cant stand up in court the facts are the fig they quoted was not correct at the time it was posted.

just recived this email from Which

Hello ****,

Many thanks for your email about T-Mobile and first of all please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.

1000's of consumers have contacted us in relation to this and because of this feedback, Which? started a Campaign, called "Fixed Means Fixed", you may wish to look at this here:-

http://www.which.co.uk/campaigns/technology/fixed-means-fixed/

Meanwhile, I have recorded your comments on our consumer feedback database. Feedback (good or bad) helps us understand the problems and issues consumers face. They are also helpful with research and testing. We rely on your opinion to continue publishing relevant and helpful information and I will make sure that your comments are passed on to our researchers. Of course, if they need further information or help from you they will be in direct contact.

Thank you for sharing this with me and if there is anything else you wish to share, please do so at any time by email. Alternatively, you can call our Customer Services Department on 01992 822800 (Monday-Friday 8.30am-6pm and Saturday 9am-1pm).

On a last note, as we record all forms of contact from members (and I am unable to locate a membership through your email address), if you could quote your membership number in future I would be grateful.

Regards,

Ann Bartlett

Service Support Adviser

Which"

just one point

somewhere in the back of my mind (vast and empty most of the time) i remember getting an email off T mobile that the terms and conditions were changing with a link to the new ones, got to be honest i cant find a copy of it but wouldn't that mean we are all on post Octobers T&C

still havent had a reply from my last two letters

i have

used the pac code

they have sent a final bill showing the cancelation charge

they have blacklisted the last two phone i used on the system even though they are sim free open phones, they say they are lost or stolen

i have counterd in a letter for the cost of the phones

so up to now i am in limbo waiting for them to make the next move

still no news from TM but MSE forum has gone to town with it contacting the press ect.

recommend any one to read tup on that forum to see what to do about cancelling.

you must start the cancellation today its your last chance

TM have until the end of the month to respond to my claim for compensation for bricking the last two phones

as of today i still haven't had a response to any letter sent even the recorded ones sent in April so the next will be the letter before action

i have won

received a letter from EE today admitting to blocking my IMEI numbers

offering compensation payment in full for the replacement phones as well as clearing the cancellation of the contract. so i am free and clear of TM the two phones they blocked are now working OK so can be sold.

No, how it was worded it was a good will gesture

i think they knew if i took it to court for blocking my phones they would loose so they combined it all together

its typical a good will gesture is the bog standard cop out of guilt

Still, a win is a win. Well done. I was starting to worry about how big a fight this was gonna prove for ya with the default issue Etc.

Congrats.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

many thanks

but i think the only reason i have won is they blacklisted as stolen my personal telephones then denied doing it, but with the letter i had from my new suppier proving they did it, they were going to loose the fight, much more simple to give in and i will go away

• 3 months later...

If it is of any interest to people here, I have just had a decision from Cicas the adjudication scheme in my favour. I had renewed my contract for 24 months in Nov and got the price increase letter in April. I won because the adjudicator decided that my "price plan" was the price I had negotiated and not the double notional price that TM thought it was (with "loyalty discount"). Therefore if you have a "discount" and have tried to cancel you will almost certainly win via cisas. THe adjudicator was also "mindful" of the 3.2/3.3% business, so I think this may work.

However all this cost t-Mobile is a customer leaving. It would be good if someone took them through the courts so they would have to pay costs.

If anyone is interested I have the detailed decision which I can email if you wish.

If it is of any interest to people here, I have just had a decision from Cicas the adjudication scheme in my favour. I had renewed my contract for 24 months in Nov and got the price increase letter in April. I won because the adjudicator decided that my "price plan" was the price I had negotiated and not the double notional price that TM thought it was (with "loyalty discount"). Therefore if you have a "discount" and have tried to cancel you will almost certainly win via cisas. THe adjudicator was also "mindful" of the 3.2/3.3% business, so I think this may work.

However all this cost t-Mobile is a customer leaving. It would be good if someone took them through the courts so they would have to pay costs.

If anyone is interested I have the detailed decision which I can email if you wish.

Thanks for posting this. I had posted on the MSE thread a link to what I assume is your case being discussed on You and Yours.

There may be some more people over there interested in the detail so I'll update that post to include a link back to here (if it works)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62921305#post62921305

(Post #2046)

Edited by Ian2012

I have taken T-Mobile to small claims as they did not replied for my cancellation letter for two months (even when I was sending reminders) and when I had sent 3rd reminder they refused to cancel the contract. I have supported my claim in 2 ways - first of all 3.2% vs. 3.3% - in their reply they mentioned they use the factor published as closely as possible before the date they send the letters (so 3.2% should be effective) and the fact that I received notification after 15th April so less than 30 days before the changes went live. When asked for a proof of delivery etc. there were unable to provide it.

I have tried to send you PM @smewing but I have not enough posts :(