service bonus denied

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all, the company i work for give its employees 1 service days bonus for every 5 years worked. in my renumeration package letter in october 2012 it stated that i would now be entitled to a service bonus of 3 days pay as i have been there over 15 years. which is worth approx £360. however due to the retail downturn , the company informed all its employees in november 2012 that this would be suspended for 12 months. have i any grounds for complaint , as its regarded as a service bonus , even though it stated the bonus as part of my annual remuneration package.

welcome

best post this up in an appropriate subforum.

in the meantime, double check your contract of employ re what it says about this eg does it say can 'suspend', is discretional, or is conditional on xyz, etc

This comes down to whether it is contractual or discretionary. Without a full copy of your contract I am afraid we will not be able to advise.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!