old [8yrs] MBNA CC debt - claim form received - help please novice here

Gavalar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the response,

DX im not sure if you saw my post a couple of weeks ago but ive always used experian and nothing has ever been on there for either MBNA nor Hillsden

however i joined equifax a fortnight ago and there is a red marker up on there and shows a debt to Hillsden as defaulted.

However I also have a secured loan which ive been paying for a few years

only one missed payment 14 months ago and on Experian it shows all the payments are up to date

and no problem bar 1 missed payment yet on Equifax it shows the account as defaulted all in red!

Obviously the main thing im concerned about is that Hillsden is showing up on Equifax - but no trace of MBNA ever being on there?

Strange!

Hi DX,

Did you see my post above regarding the debt showing on Equifax? Very concerned now having only ever used Experian?

Why would this be? experian seem very much more up to date with all my current payments etc?

Gav

I wouldn't be unduly worried about it.

what is the listed default date?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well that doesn't aligns with the mbna statement of last payment 17/6/10

you'd have to miss 3 payments before they can register a default via a dn.

in the MBNA SAR

is there a remark about them defaulting the account in the comms log

or a copy of the DN?

nothing is really adding up here.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX,

It shows from the SAR from MBNA 17.06.2010 - "Faster Payment - Thank You" - £20.00

30.06.10 - Charge off Adjustment -£10,082.18

30.06.10 - Charge off Adjustment £10,082.18

16.07.10 - Zero Curbl on Sold Account -£10,082.18

19.07.10 - Faster Payment - thank You - £20.00

12.08.10 - Payment Adjustment £20.00

In The dialog from MBNA 16.07.10 - SOLD TO DIRECT LEGAL - REFER TO 08707446482

Ive had a good read through the notes and cant see that they have said that they were going to default me - I had missed more than 3 payment prior to my token gesture of £20 in June 2010 though.

So much paper work, im swimming in a deep sea here and feel my arm bands are floating away.

Gav :-/

Hi All,

Came home Sat from Work and My Fiancee was glowing with excitment with the news she has booked a two week get away for us to spain in a fortnight and organised time off work for me! A feeling of excitement for all of 5 mins until I opened up my mail....And there it was the dreaded letter - From feeling happy to stressed and scared!

What do I do from here - and more so if I go on Holidays and they reply I will not be able to respond....Help Help Help!!! Gav:-x:|:!:

sri its turned out this way

the legal bods should pic this up soon

dx

and they

i'll get someone to pop in

and they

Looking.. BRB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Dates you need to be keep on your calendar.

Claim Issued - 14th August + 5 days for service = 19th August + 14 days to acknowledge = 2nd September + 14 days to submit defence (if you are going to defend) = 16th September.

The 2nd Letter from DLC - I am pretty certain they cannot class their litigation costs as "Default" sums - they will be reclaiming any legal costs via their Particulars of Claim.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The Claimant’s claim is in respect of a credit facility (account number) provided by MBNA at the Defendant’s request on 10/06/2006. Failure to meet requests for payments resulted in the account being defaulted. On 27/07/2010 all legal and beneficial interest for the monies was assigned to Hillsden Securities Ltd. The defendant was duly notified in writing of the assignment and that a balance of 10,082.18 was due. The balance of 10,061.18 remains owing from the Defendant.

Did you make a payment between them taking over and issuing the claim ?

Edited by citizenB

BCOBS

hi cb thanks you beat me

no payments made

the statement of account[dlc/aplins] they have sent is total garbage

they are upto something here for sure

dx

and they

Can you let us know if you ever received a default notice from MBNA, or is there mention that one was sent on the communication log you were sent in the SAR ?

Did you receive the Notice of Assignment from Hillsden ?

Did you actually apply for this account online ? (I note they sent a generic/template agreement in response to the CCA request and there is no IP address on it)

I see Aplins sent you 3 letters at the rate of one a month that pretty much implied that if the debt was not repaid within 14 days, they had instructions to issue a Claim against you. They then go on to say that unless payment is made within 14 days of the claim being issued they would apply for a Judgment. I think DB has already advised they were exploiting your LiP status in that they do not say "you have the right to defend our claim"

In the Subject Access Request did you receive copies of statements or a proper accounting ?

When was the last payment made (prior to the £20.00 token payment in 2010)

BCOBS

Hi Citizen B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me (And thanks DX) I have never received a default notice from MBNA and through reading their notes cannot see anywhere that they have documented sending one. I have also never had a notice of assignment. I will have to go back through and see when the last payment prior to £20 was made to MBNA this however will be probably up to 5 years ago.

I did originally apply for the account on line, When the SAR was sent back to me there were no actual copies of statements from MBNA only a print out from their PC of the account with the running balance.

Where should I go from here?

Gav

Edited by Gavalar

If I was able to find the money would I be able to just pay them off instead of going to court?

I would struggle raising the money but the thought of going to court just scares me and paying, allbeit not right seems the easiest option.

Please help time is not on my hands here :-(

Gavalar

" If I was able to find the money would I be able to just pay them off instead of going to court?

I would struggle raising the money but the thought of going to court just scares me and paying, allbeit not right seems the easiest option."

Just make payment using the N1...or if you need time submit a defence which will then allow a further 14 days then approach the sol to settle and request they withdraw their claim.

Alternatively if you let them get judgment providing you pay by the time stated the CCJ is extinguished.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

DX, can you help please, I have finally raised the money to pay this off - but I am so near the date of 14 days. It shows the issue date is 14th Aug - If I send this recorded delivery in the morning is this going to be ok??

Please help after all my hard work and stress of raising this money I fear that they will take the money and ccj me ---- please advise asap!!!

Help Gav

obv I cant agree with you doing this and I hope the money is not costing you interest.

however each to their own.

best idea might be to phone aplins then.

however you do realise that you could defend the claim

and if you fail then as long as you pay the sum with [i think] 28 days ] of the issue of the CCJ

it does you no harm and will not show against you on your CRA file.

you say there is no record of a default being issued on the sar

the poc says diff.

i'm not sure if they will need to produce this in court?

dx

and they

obv I cant agree with you doing this and I hope the money is not costing you interest.

however each to their own.

best idea might be to phone aplins then.

however you do realise that you could defend the claim

and if you fail then as long as you pay the sum with [i think] 28 days ] of the issue of the CCJ

it does you no harm and will not show against you on your CRA file.

you say there is no record of a default being issued on the sar

the poc says diff.

i'm not sure if they will need to produce this in court?

dx

I'm just so worn down with all of this, I have had to take a loan to pay it off so yes it's costing me a lot more over the next 3years :(

I really can't go to court and defend myself it would hang over me, could I apply afterwards for them to prove the default was applied and have it removed from the 1 credit file it sits on?