Lowell Red Chasing 7 year old debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

Could anybody confirm the postal address for Red and Lowells?

Lowell Financial

Enterprise House

1 Apex View

Leeds

LS11 9BH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks, and Red is exactly the same?

Just checking.. BRB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes, I would guess you would address any letter to Red along the lines of..

Lowell Financial Limited t/as Red Debt Collection.

At the same address I gave you earlier for Lowell :)

BCOBS

If sending recorded delivery leave out the PO Box number.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi CB, BRIG,

I sent two recorded deliveries to Lowells and Red as advised above. Just received a letter from Lowell Portfolio 1 stating they have reviewed my account and the Limitations Act 1980 now applies and will no longer be asking for payment. They also state they will no longer be sending anymore letters and have closed my account. I owe £0.00 :)

Thankyou all very much, who have replied to my questions with your expert advice especially CB and BRIG :)

I have also made a small donation via paypal I hope it finds you both. Just one last question, can they sell on a SB debt and I will have to do all the sending letters again and again?

Thanks again :)

Hi CB, BRIG,

I sent two recorded deliveries to Lowells and Red as advised above. Just received a letter from Lowell Portfolio 1 stating they have reviewed my account and the Limitations Act 1980 now applies and will no longer be asking for payment. They also state they will no longer be sending anymore letters and have closed my account. I owe £0.00 :)

Thankyou all very much, who have replied to my questions with your expert advice especially CB and BRIG :)

I have also made a small donation via paypal I hope it finds you both. Just one last question, can they sell on a SB debt and I will have to do all the sending letters again and again?

Thanks again :)

Hi Tipo thank you on behalf aof CAG and CB the thought and donation I am sure are much appreciated!!

IMO even Lowlife will not attempt to sell this off now, even if it did crop up again it's killed with one letter.

Good result.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Great result. Well done! :-)

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

• 5 months later...

Use all the reference number and write

As Follows:

For the Personal Attention of

Ms Sarah de Tute

Director of Legal & Compliance

The Lowell Group

Enterprise House

1 Apex View

Leeds

LS11 9BH

Date:..................:

Refs:............................. List all.

Sir/Madam,

I refer to the accounts /references quoted above, please take note I do not acknowledge any debt to the Lowell Group

I have been prompted to review my credit history and have concluded that ALL the alleged debts that Lowell is pursuing are now statute barred, therefore I will not now or in the future make any payment of offer of payment in regard to these alleged debt.

Lowell is reminded that should it dispute the status of any of the alleged debts it MUST produce unequivocal proof that the alleged debt is not statute barred.

Any allegations that payments were made in relation payments being made to the alleged debts in the relevant 6 year period will be rejected unless unequivocal proof of any such payment is provided, mystery one off payments will also be refuted.

Lowell will now confirm in writing that these alleged debts are statute barred and that it has closed the files and removed all data relating to me from its records.

Send recorded signed for post check date received.

I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection and the sections regarding the pursuit of statute barred debt.