Question about ingeus

mickymouse19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i was reading DWP Provider Guidance Chapter 5 Annex 1 and i dont exactly understand it... im told that if i withdraw my signature i will no longer need to go to ingeus? ( they are useless for me, they are constantly sending me on the same programs done 1 of them 3 times now, they are making me apply for jobs that i cannot do... they are putting me forward for jobs without informing me ).

so is anyone able to explain this to me in a stupider way please? :)

i would have provided a link to it but im not allowed...

You can't withdraw from all participation in the Work Programme. What you can do is withdraw your consent for them to contact employers with a view to receiving outcome payments. Outcome payments are made to Ingeus when you find work and so on. You have a right to do this under the Data Protection Act.

The main benefit to you is that many companies don't feel it's worth dealing with you too often if they won't be paid for any results. The other side benefit is that companies such as Ingeus will get less money. You must, however, continue to carry out mandatory activities that are notified to you correctly and which are "reasonable under your circumstances".

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

You can't withdraw from all participation in the Work Programme. What you can do is withdraw your consent for them to contact employers with a view to receiving outcome payments. Outcome payments are made to Ingeus when you find work and so on. You have a right to do this under the Data Protection Act.

The main benefit to you is that many companies don't feel it's worth dealing with you too often if they won't be paid for any results. The other side benefit is that companies such as Ingeus will get less money. You must, however, continue to carry out mandatory activities that are notified to you correctly and which are "reasonable under your circumstances".

thank you...

another question though...

why are you not allowed to join A for E or whatever it is if you don't sign?

+ they are making me do stuff i cannot do... even one of the other advisers i spoke to there said it was stupid

thank you...

another question though...

why are you not allowed to join A for E or whatever it is if you don't sign?

+ they are making me do stuff i cannot do... even one of the other advisers i spoke to there said it was stupid

Not quite sure what you mean. Are you asking why you can't change to a different Work Programme company? If that's the question, the only answer is "Because the regulations don't allow it."

As to signing or not signing, as I said, what you're doing is by withdrawing your consent is trying to make yourself less interesting to Ingeus or whoever in the hopes that they'll stop wasting their time on you and, by extension, stop wasting your time as well.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Not quite sure what you mean. Are you asking why you can't change to a different Work Programme company? If that's the question, the only answer is "Because the regulations don't allow it."

As to signing or not signing, as I said, what you're doing is by withdrawing your consent is trying to make yourself less interesting to Ingeus or whoever in the hopes that they'll stop wasting their time on you and, by extension, stop wasting your time as well.

im asking why A4E refuse you if you dont sign that paper?

im asking why A4E refuse you if you dont sign that paper?

Ah, I see. Well, they can't exactly "refuse" you as such - they're still supposed to work with you.

What happens is that the WP companies (known as "providers") are paid money when you are referred. They then get further payments when you find work, and they go to great lengths sometimes to contact you and find out where you are working. They also contact companies they think you might be working for, since they need to prove to the government that you're working in order to get these payments, known as "outcome payments".

When you withdraw your consent, the provider will have a much harder time finding out what you're doing, and so a much harder time claiming their payment from the government. Because of this, they are often less inclined to hassle you into doing pointless "jobsearch" stuff that you could just as easily do at home, and other wastes of your time. So many people find that they are left alone a lot more.

No problem and best of luck. If that answers your question, I'll move these posts into our general 'Ingeus' thread which will keep all inquiries about the Work Programme together.

Also, that thread is a useful resource for anyone dealing with WP providers.

Ah, I see. Well, they can't exactly "refuse" you as such - they're still supposed to work with you.

What happens is that the WP companies (known as "providers") are paid money when you are referred. They then get further payments when you find work, and they go to great lengths sometimes to contact you and find out where you are working. They also contact companies they think you might be working for, since they need to prove to the government that you're working in order to get these payments, known as "outcome payments".

When you withdraw your consent, the provider will have a much harder time finding out what you're doing, and so a much harder time claiming their payment from the government. Because of this, they are often less inclined to hassle you into doing pointless "jobsearch" stuff that you could just as easily do at home, and other wastes of your time. So many people find that they are left alone a lot more.

The Work Programme Provider will also generate money from the taxpayer - £215 for every 4 weeks - if they can persuade any candidate to become self employed.

If you have an interest in becoming self employed, or starting a business, speak to your local Business Link Organisation, and arrange a meeting with a Professional Advisor. Unfortunately, Clerks within your Welfare To Work Organisation are unlikely to possess the competence to manage their way out of an open and transparent paper bag with the Exit clearly marked, let alone something more demanding such as telephone an employer to arrange a job interview for you, or even offer advice to start a business.

hello, i have another question about ingeus...

recently my adviser has told me it is mandatory for me to apply for 10 jobs that are hiring within my area ( i have looked there aint 10 ) she says i could get sanctioned for it... is this correct?

also she is making me apply for jobs i cannot do... ( jobs that involve having a driving licence and a car ).

she is making me do 100 spec letter per appointment and doing training courses that i have already completed while being there.

what can i do about this?

thank you in advance

recently my adviser has told me it is mandatory for me to apply for 10 jobs that are hiring within my area ( i have looked there aint 10 ) she says i could get sanctioned for it... is this correct?

also she is making me apply for jobs i cannot do... ( jobs that involve having a driving licence and a car ).

she is making me do 100 spec letter per appointment and doing training courses that i have already completed while being there.

thank you in advance

You can't be made to apply for jobs that aren't there or that you can't do.

thank you in advance

"She" seems to think she has an awful lot of power!!

100 spec letters --- does "she" expect you to print off and post 100 letters per week?? That's fine if you have a never-ending supply of free postage stamps and a printer. Do you have prospect research experience to enable you to carry out this task? Have you had training in intelligence gathering and evaluation techniques? Hmmm, didn't think so! (I never sent out a 100 letters a week when I was a PA/Secretary!)

As for applying for inappropriate jobs! Potential employers would think you're an idiot if you apply for a driving job and can't drive, don't have a licence, don't have a car and aren't qualified - definitely wasting their time and yours and lots of valuable resources.

If you really are mandated to send out TEN inappropriate applications a week, start each letter with:

"Although I know I have absolutely no experience in this field and do not possess even the basic requirements or abilities to undertake this role, "SHE" says I must make this application and 9 other similar applications to local companies for which I am not in the slightest bit qualified. In addition, in order to meet the requirements of "SHE" who must be obeyed, you'll be hearing from me on a regular basis.

If this behaviour is unaccepable to your company, please contact your local Member of Parliament and the Secretary of State for Works and Pensions to voice your concerns."

Sorry, it's people like "she" would should be looking for work! I certainly wouldn't employ her.

No wonder we "rant"!!

Impecunious! :-)

P.S. I'd rather send out one well-crafted application per week where you meet the potential employer's person specification and their job description. Apparently, there are at least 24 applicants for every available job vacancy now .... Only those with the relevant skills, experience and qualifications will succceed. Some of the application forms I've completed can take up to 3 days to complete!

If you really are mandated to send out TEN inappropriate applications a week, start each letter with:

"Although I know I have absolutely no experience in this field and do not possess even the basic requirements or abilities to undertake this role, "SHE" says I must make this application and 9 other similar applications to local companies for which I am not in the slightest bit qualified. In addition, in order to meet the requirements of "SHE" who must be obeyed, you'll be hearing from me on a regular basis.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: