SAR a Brewery

daverules
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

a friend of mine has a lease with a certain brewery company, over the course of the past two years there has been an exchange of emails and letters discussing things that need doing within

in the pub he leases, unfortunately he has lost his documents and emails due to a fire....

Question is can he SAR the brewery for copies of all that has been exchanged over this period.

Many thanks

yes

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Family have been brewers for nearly 200 years, see my surname, + Scrumpy ''Jack' and Oakleaf Bitter.

Had a couple of pubs during enforced '' quiet periods'' in my career, found when it came to getting ''paperwork'' no probs,BUT when it actually got to getting things done then there's a problem.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you for the replies.

Problem is that the fire was caused by faulty electrics and he had contacted Brewery to inform them that the electrics

were a problem and they kept saying there wasn't or they would have them looked at etc,etc

During the course of of this dialog back and forth a fire started and caused a lot of damage and the brewery are denying

they knew anything about the faulty electrics.

Once again many thanks for the advice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

can he get perm from the other party for them to supply the info?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The fire officers report after the investigation did it state specifically where the seat of the fire was, and electrical appliance plugged in to a socket for instance or in concealed wiring forming part of the fabric of the building?

This should really be enough for the ''brewery'' I think.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

It's my understanding that you can ask the brewery to supply you with paper, computer records and other related info. The max charge for this is £10.

Notes, screen notes, recordings, external correspondence, copies of letters and copies of emails all fall under the DPA so should be released to you, but i would be surprised if they released internal correspondence as that tends to be privileged. Re transcripts of phone calls, very few breweries record them so odds are they won't be able to.

Re them denying they were previously advised about the faulty electrics, when was the last safety check carried out? I'm assuming you've asked for copies of the reports - they tend to be landlord responsibility depending on the term.

The Data requested MUST be was it considered PERSONAL to the applicant data relating to ANY 3rd party cannot be divulged.

Thanks for the replies.

Copy of fire report requested but I am told it was in the walls.

Good question about the electrical saftey checks. will advise friend to find out.

Basically he is trying to obtain the emails that were sent back and forth between himself and the brewery,

these would show that he did in fact inform them that there was a problem with them as he advised them

via these emails.

He has the added problem of the fact the Insurance Assessor turned up while he was out and his wife told the Assessor

about the problem electrics and how she felt the brewery ignored the problem so now the Insurance company are trying

to get out of paying.

I just thought a SAR would have helped him get copies of the emails he sent.

Many thanks for the replies.

I guess this is going to depend on if the brewery routinely archive e- mails.

Another thing to consider:

What email service was he using? From the sounds of it he was using something like Outlook to download the emails from a server somewhere. They might still be on the server. For example if he was using BT then he could log into the btyahoo site and check his emails (they might be in the deleted folder - depending on his email client settings).