pounds2pocket not accepting payment plan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Keep trying. P2P is Quick Quid. Theyre just using another name. Keep everything in writing and TELL them what they are getting. Don't let them tell you what you have to pay. They wont take you to court, and all the charges they add on are unlawful. The ONLY thing they can do is sell the debt on.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

renegade , do u have a email account or another account where i can send u their exact email. they actually emailed me something which if i state here , would completely reveal my indentity to quick quid if they are browsing this forum.

Not sure you can PM me with the info, but its not wise to email off site as CAG's policy is to keep things on forum.

Is it possible you can edit the letter? You dont need to reveal specific numbers, reference numbers/names etc.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

i understand the policy and would prefer to keep all the chat in the thread as other members can offer advise but the email has sensitive info. I have paid quickquid 70% of the initial principal already and i think they afford me something which they probably normally wouldnt have offered otherwise. I dont know. Maybe they do offer it to everyone but i would rather not take the risk and have them know what advise i am getting before i actually contact them.

To be able to send PMs your post count must be 30 or greater.

I think the best thing to do would be to ask a site admin here for clarification first. Click the triangle below your post, and ask an admin to pop in and advise. Youll probably be able to email the admin address, especially if the info is serious or concerning.

Thats cool. I just dont want me or you to fall foul of the site rules. Thats all.

We're all here to help. Everyones been in a similar situation before, and most of us know how to beat these muppets.

Also, i think P2P's bank details are on this forum somewhere. If we can find them, then you can pay them direct via your bank and they cant say no. At least you can make payments inline with your own payment plan, and if the debt gets sold, the next creditor is obliged to continue with that plan.

Cheers Ims :)

Ok I am happy to grant the OP's request not to put the "full monty" on the thread but there is no reason not to put the information here which will generate some help.

Basically this is a longer term loan of 12 months. OP has been paying the monthly repayments up to now but from now on can only afford a lesser amount per month. The lender has been told of this but have given a standard reply that they cannot reduce the monthly payment.

They have said that this lesser payment can be made this month and the remaining balance deferred until the end of the loan and then their usual blurb about collection activity continuing until an arrangement is reached. They have used their usual words of this lower payment being a courtesy. Also said that if there is difficulty then to contact them before the next due date to have that arrangement re-set.

The account will go into arrears on 28th Feb as that is the due date for the payments.

In my view this is pretty much standard stuff from the lender.

There is nothing here that hasn't been said by this type of lender before.

thanks. i guess thats about right. Thats what confused me. So their "courtesy" offer is to just accept a one-off lower monthly payment instead of a repayment plan? And the email said that i need to contact them before my account is in arrears but why would they say that when my due date is tomorrow. basically even if i send an email now, they may not even check it till tomorrow.

so just a one off courtesy payment?

Start making the payments you can afford now while you continue to correspond with them.

how do i do that. i have cancelled dirct debit and CPA and was hoping to ge their bank details after reaching a payment plan

You write to them recorded or next day telling them what you can afford and enclose the first payment. You ask for their bank details so you can either pay on line or set up a standing order.

Then await their response. If they refuse to give their bank details, you could send them payment by postal order and a covering letter saying that as they refuse to give you any other method to pay, you will continue with the postal orders deducting the postal order fee and the postage from the amount owed.

Don't make contact by phone and definately don't give them any card details or they will make numerous withdrawls which will (by the sound of it) take you overdrawn, (if the bank pays them) and you will incure bank charges on top.

however the due date is tomorrow. i was hoping to at least reply saying that i can only afford £30 and informing them that i have instructed my bank regarding cpa. So if they want me to pay the 30 quid, they will have to send me their bank details or that i will send the amount in post. i was also hoping to tell them that i am revoking the authority for them to debit my account.

I have cancelled direct debit and CPA and was hoping to get their bank details after reaching a payment plan

Did you cancel the CPA and the DD mandate by writing to your bank.

The banks have a habit of saying they can't cancel a CPA and only the payee can do that. This is rubbish but you must cancel them both in writing or the lender WILL try and use the CPA again if given half a chance.

Just make the payment as soon as you can, in whatever way you can. Being a day or two late will not matter and they'll just have to wait.

Now STOP speaking to them. ;-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I am not "speaking" with them. I only communicate via email. They have been quick to reply. Thy replied within hours to me repayment plan with the above "courtesy". So can i send them one final email stating i can only afford 30 pounds and need their bank account details to make the payment.

I am not "speaking" with them.

Excellent !!

Yes, you need to tell them what you are paying, and when.

Only pay what you can afford and ask them for their bank details so you can pay them. If they want this money, they'll have to co-operate with you.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

When i ask for their bank account details, quickquid keeps telling me " Thank you for your email. In order to secure an arrangement you must provide valid banking details ( direct debit or debit card). We do not accept standing orders, giro slips, etc. Collection procedures will continue until an acceptable payment arrangement is made."

So do i send just ignore them and send money to them via mail like someone said earlier? They are a US company right?

Yep. They do have a bank you can pay into, but for some reason they keep the details very secret. They also cannot demand a specific form of payment like they have tried to do. Perhaps remind them that they are not operating in the US.