Need help Challenging Personal Independent Payments mobility reduction to 20 metres

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Please see this about PIP. help make a callenge to this [problem] that the DWP are doing.

Challenging Personal Independent Payments mobility reduction to 20 metres.

From Rightsnet,

Leigh Day solicitors and human rights barristers from Doughty Street Chambers have advised campaigners that the lowering of the distance criteria for Personal Independence Payments mobility from 50 metres to 20 metres could be unlawful. They are considering how to challenge the regulations. To do so, of course, they need claimants whose circumstances make them suitable candidates to participate in such a challenge. For the best prospect of success, the barristers have set the following criteria (some essential, some desirable):

See full story here http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/4344/

Come on people lets fight this:wink:

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

Yet, apparently, if you're ex-service personnel, you can get full PIP (mobility and care) without having to meet the criteria. Disgusting.

Isn't the 20m only draft and hasn't been set in stone yet?

Please read these facts here..

On Tuesday 5 February, the Social Security (Personal Independence Payment) Regulations 2013 were passed by the House of Commons Eleventh Delegated Legislation Committee (audio recording). The debate, transcribed at http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201213/cmgeneral/deleg11/130205/130205s01.htm

And then go back to my first post and read the full facts again thanks paople...

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

I don't see what's wrong with 20m.

It's more than enough to get to the front door to answer to the bailiffs - and if you have a bigger house than that ..., well you shouldn't be on benefits in the first place.

I don't see what's wrong with 20m.

It's more than enough to get to the front door to answer to the bailiffs - and if you have a bigger house than that ..., well you shouldn't be on benefits in the first place.

Sorry bankfodder,

That's not realy helpfull and i thought you new better..LOL

But it won't get you around the supermarket. Correct me if I'm wrong; but aren't some disabled parking bays further than 20m from the parking space to the shop?

You also wouldn't be able to work for the above reason and would have to claim ESA, which would possibly cost more.

Please read these facts here..

On Tuesday 5 February, the Social Security (Personal Independence Payment) Regulations 2013 were passed by the House of Commons Eleventh Delegated Legislation Committee (audio recording). The debate, transcribed at http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201213/cmgeneral/deleg11/130205/130205s01.htm

And then go back to my first post and read the full facts again thanks paople...

Distinctly says "Draft Social Legislation" so not set in stone so would be foolish to challenge it at this point. I notice our MP is at the top of the list. According to her votes in parliament she toes the party line and not what the people want, so will not be voting for her in the next election!

As stated many disabled people including myself can probably walk the 20m but it is repeating that is when it becomes a problem and I am completely exhausted.

Edited by Surfer01