JSA Sanction - Please Help

AngryDover
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Following my previous post, I applied for JSA and was awarded it, having quit my job due to misconduct (avoiding being dismissed). 10 weeks after being Awarded the full contribution based JSA I've now been hit with a 6 week Sanction for "leaving without good cause".

In the time since I resigned, I've been under going treatment for Severe Depression and Anxiety. I've also been diagnosed with BiPolar Disorder which my doctor and Psychiatrist believe led to the problems which resulted in me losing my job.

The question is, can I request that they reconsider the decision given the new information? or do I just give up and have no money for the rest of the 6 week period? Can I also request a hardship payment?

Many thanks for your help x

I'm no expert here but it seems these are two separate issues. One is the sanction on your JSA, the other is the diagnosed BiPolar Disorder.

About the second one, if it is strong enough that you cannot work, then you should quit JSA and apply for ESA as you are no longer available to work.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

I agree with san_d. I suffer with bipolar disorder, and my psychiatrist, upon diagnosing this, wrote me a letter for the dwp, I would advise that you apply for ESA and keeping a copy of course, send a letter from your psychiatrist with it.

Either vist your GP to determine if you are fit to work or not and then if not claim ESA.

You can request a reconsideration of the decision if your medical condition was part of the reason why your employment ended and hasn't already been mentioned in the original referral.

Request a claim for hardship allowance, but to do this you will also need to determine if there would be any underlying entitlement to income based JSA and will also need to provide all items listed in the notes section at the front of the ESA/JSA 10JP hardship form