• Tweets

• Thank you very much for your letter in regard to the above mentioned shipment.  Due to the high volume of parcels coursing through the courier network each day, undergoing continuous processing and handling, certain packages may experience delays or even can get lost in the course of this journey. Please note that due to the time that has passed, this shipment has been declared as lost.  I have today processed the claim and made offers to the value of £75 as a goodwill gesture without prejudice. I do acknowledge that you have mentioned in your letter that the value was higher, however, you did not take out any protection to that amount. The protection for this shipment was £20 and we will not be increasing our goodwill offer any further.    Please log into your account online in order to accept our offer. Once accepted, our accounts department will process the claim accordingly. The claim payment will be processed and received within 7 working days.                                  In addition, a refund of the carriage fee will be processed as a separate payment and will be received within 3 working days.  If I can further assist, please feel free to contact me.   I have also just noticed that yesterday afternoon they sent me an email stating that "after my request" they have refunded the cost of shipping. I did not request the refund so will mention that in my letter as well.
    • Hi I had to leave Dubai back in 2011, during the financial crisis. And only now have I received a letter from IDRWW. Is this anything to worry about about as I have 2 years left until it’s been 15 years(statute barred in Dubai). Worried as just got a mortgage 2 years ago. Could they force me in to bankruptcy? Red lots of different threads on here. And unsure what true and what isn’t. 
    • Not that TOR will see this now he's thrown in the hand grenade. Rayner has plenty of female supporters on X, for a start. As for the council and HMRC, fair enough and I thought Rayner was already in touch with them. That's where it should be dealt with, not the police force. @tobyjugg2 Daniel Finkelstein thinks the same as you about tax. The Fiver theory. How the Fiver Theory explains this election campaign ARCHIVE.PH archived 28 May 2024 17:36:51 UTC  
    • Often with the Likes of Lowells/ Overdales that 'proof' doesn't stand up to scrutiny.   Think about it like a game of poker, they want to intimidate you into folding and giving up as soon as possible, and just get you to pay up and roll over, that is their business model, make you think your cards are rubbish. What they don't expect, and their business isn't set up for it, is for a defendant to find this place and to learn that they have an amazing set of cards to play. Overdales don't have an infinite number of lawyers, paralegals etc, and the time / money to spend on expensive court cases, that they are highly likely to lose, hence how hard they will try to get you to roll over.  Even to the extent of faking documents, which they need to do because the debts that they purchased were so cheap, in the first place. Nevertheless it works in most cases, most people chicken out, when they are so close to winning, and a holding defence is like slowly showing Overdales your first card, and a marker of intention that this could get tricky for them. In fact it may be,  although by no means guaranteed that it won't even go any further than that.  Even if it does, what they send you back will almost certainly have more holes than Swiss Cheese, and if with the help you receive here, you can identify those weaknesses and get the whole thing tossed in the bin.
    • So Rayner who is don’t forget still being investigated by the local council and HMRC  is now begging to save her seat Not a WOMAN in sight in this video other than Rayner  Farage is utterly correct this country’s values are non existent in her seat   Rayner Pleads With Muslim Voters as Pressure From Galloway Grows – Guido Fawkes ORDER-ORDER.COM Guido has obtained a leaked tape from inside a meeting between Angela Rayner and Muslim voters in Ashton-under-Lyne...  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

EON disgusting threats

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an agreement with EON to pay a monthly amount with a payment card every month, this agreement has been going for 8 months with me making my payment on the day every month without fail, paying a total of £1,530 Gas and £1,092 Electric in this time.

However over christmas i was rushed into hospital and have 2 operations, during this time i missed 1 payment and was late for another, however, despite the fact i was now not working and am a single parent, i managed to catch up with my payments and am now fully up to date with all payments at present, despite this i have now recieved a visit from an EON debt agent, adding £55 for this visit, and threatening with breaking in to fit a prepayment meter and even changing my locks with a locksmith, and various other threats of extortionate fees, i am totally disgusted with EONs actions and complete lack of customer care, i am now ready to forward a complaint to the energy ombudsman, how can they behave in this way to such a vulnerable person? how can they justify adding £55 for an agent to hane deliver a letter? is this reasonable costs?

Hi hammermitch,

I'm sorry that you have ended up in this situation, it's not very nice at all.

It sounds like all was going fine until you missed one payment and was late with the next, this wouldn't normally cause a visit to your home, this is a last resort.

Are you also paying off a debt through the payment plan from arrears on the account? If so this may explain why the debt collection process has moved faster.

Has the arrangement failed in the past? Or have previous arrangements failed? This would also be a reason for the visit.

I really think the first thing to do is to speak to us, advise that you have been in hospital and is the reason for the missed payment.

If there have been no other issues (failed payment arrangements) then we should be able to re-instate the payment arrangement for you.

Helena

The agent has no right to threaten with breaking in changing the locks and fitting a pre payment meter to do that they would need a court order

You will be given a time and a date if they have the court order for that to happen

If he returns tell him to go and play with the traffic

He is not a bailiff and no such powers

I would say once you have the debt payed off take your custom elsewhere

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

perhaps the eon rep could explain the reason for this field visits (all the companies do it I was charged £60 by sse 30 for gas and 30 for electric despite it been the same person at the same time) its just daylight robbery all it does is increase a debt on the very people who are unable to pay it what does it achieve nothing.

I have contacted EON, they were no help, refused to remove the £55 fee for their agent to deliver a threatening letter, and stated that i should have informed them BEFORE i went into hospital :-x

As for the threats, they surely cannot be legal, the actual letter states "further charges of £250" "enter my property with the aid of the police and locksmith" "change my locks" disgusting.

4 days before this agent delivered this threatening letter i had paid EON a total of £656, surely they could see i was up to date on my payments and was paying my bill, its not as if i was refusing to pay my bill, why was there a need for this visit and threats? on the letter left by this field agent was a mobile number, i phoned this number, no answer, so i left a voicemail for him to ring me back, this agent has not done this at all, i am sure EON just send these people out to make more money and add to customers bill, how can they justify £55 is "reasonable costs"?

i feel like just refusing to pay the way EON have treated me, but i will continue to pay my agreement every month, however i will only be paying for Electricity and Gas used, i will refuse to pay their extortionate fees, and will take this to the energy ombudsman if neccesary,

Hi again hammermitch,

I'm sorry that the person you have spoken to on the phone was unhelpful.

It sounds like your account is going down the debt collection process and the additional charges will be to raise a warrant to fit pre-payment meters.

You say you are up to date with payments, so is there no debt on the account at all? And no previous failed payment arrangements except for this one? If this is the case then I'm really unsure what we are trying to collect and what is going on.

I think you need to use the escalation process through E.ON to try and get this resolved.

I also think that your current payment arrangement will have been cancelled, so this will also need to be looked at.

I do hope you get this sorted out to your satisfaction.

Helena

Shame the rep could not be any more helpful!!

Keep things in writing so you have a paper trail

with Eon they will probably try to go down the court route as they can never see any errors in there ways

Keep up with the payments

The charges there are trying to add don't seam fair

You may be able to let them fit a meter voluntarily

Then take your custom elsewhere

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

The agreement i set up was renewed in October 2012 and was to cover my latest bill and to estimate my usage for the next 6 months, so i should be up to date by march, all debts are now clear as i have paid EON in total over £3.000 since February 2012, the only amount i now owe is from my latest bill in January 2013, however it is quite obvious to anyone, including EON, that this will be clear from debt and i will probably be in credit by March as i am continuing my payment arrangement, how does this authorise EON to send out debt collectors and make such threats?

Could the EON rep please explain how they justify charging £55 for the field agent to hand deliver 1 threatening letter? is this legal? surely they can only charge "reasonable costs" not just make up any amount they want, and how can they make such threats as to change locks with the help of a locksmith? so far everyone at EON is avoiding the questions regarding the £55 fee, now is the chance for EON to explain how this is reasonable, in particular when just 4 days before he attended i paid a total of £656, and in the last week have paid a total of £998, how can EON justify sending out a debt collector and adding this extortionate fee to somebody who is clearly paying as agreed?

I get no joy telephoning EON so i have no choice but to take this complaint to the energy ombudsman

it sounds like what has happened is that when you missed a payment due to being in hospital, the arrangement was cancelled. You should have received a letter advising of this, as well as a letter about the impending visit before it went ahead.

As Helena says, you'd probably be best following the escalation procedure to get the agreement put back in place, which would then stop all action

No letters recieved saying agreement has been cancelled, i did get letters stating i was behind and neede to make a total of 2 months payments to get up to date, this obviously has been done,

Have sent 2 emails to director of customer services, as yet no reply.

what is so frustrating is this field agent hand delivered a letter with the htreats and charges, and on the letter was his name and mobile number, i have tried to ring this number several times, no answer, i left a voicemail, and he has yet to return my call, so this agent can turn up at my door, make all sorts of threats to return with locksmith and change my locks, but i cant even get in touch with him to explain :-x

Also if i continue to my agreement, then by March i will be in credit with EON, why are they continuing with this action when it is obvious i am paying and will be in credit, maybe i should turn up on their door when i am in credit and ask for my money back and charge them £55 for the visit.

can EON please explain how this £55 fee is reasonable? or is it just a way to add on the bill to people that miss a payment, just a money making [problem]

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Hammermich. Just reading up on Eon as they have treated me very badly.

What a shame it is that the utilities in this country were nationalised. I thought this would bring in competition and lower prices. In fact it has brought in companies who fix their prices all at a high level, and whose massive profits are just benefiting shareholders in France and Germany.

I would urge you to try a different company. There may well be worse electricity supplies than Eon but I have to honestly say, after being a loyal customer for 30 odd years of this bunch of crooks, under their various names, I very much doubt it!!

I have been treated like dirt by these people and it really is wrong that they get away with it. All we can do is move supplier and hope that nobody else has their attitude to customers.