Ross and Roberts - CTAX debt -Help needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I also told him that I called the council on tues to confirm what he told me and they have no knowledge of speaking with him. however they did say it could have been the back office he spoke to. Anyone know what the back office is?

I also told him that I called the council on tues to confirm what he told me and they have no knowledge of speaking with him. however they did say it could have been the back office he spoke to. Anyone know what the back office is?

Capita, they deal with the bailiffs on the councils behalf. Ross and Roberts are owned by Capita. Always ask to speak with some one from the benefits & revenues department with regards to your CT debt.

thank you. when I phoned the council they told me they couldn't talk to me about it as it was a closed case and with the bailiffs. so basically then it wasn't the council he spoke to. I still dont understand why he is telling me that his colleague is dealing with my case today?

There could be many reasons, it could be that the case was taken off him, or he knows he wont get far with you. He may have a work load that is keeping him busy. there are all sorts of reasons. I would start making some sort of payment though, perhaps to the council via their on line payment facility. make sure you use the ref numbers to the years debt. I would then email the council and the bailiff company to state that this is what you have done and will carry on doing until the debt has been cleared.

ok I Will do that. thank you. I'm hoping that now he realises I know my rights and what he can and cant do he will pass it back to the council. surprisingly I have not heard anything from this colleague of his yet, I just dont want to sit here worrying when their next visit will be especially with two young children in the house.

Just a suggestion....to prevent this being escalated and to keep you with the advantage, start to pay the Council direct using their any of their auto payment systems, so this at a rate that can be shown at a later date to the only amount affordable to you.

WD

I owe one amount of 420 and another of 969. on Monday we went through the whole they are taking goods then decided not to. I was then told if I paid the 420 by today then the council would take back the higher amount.

They will not be taking goods there is no right of entry

you don't need to speak to the bailiffs they will lie there is no prison arrest or any dribble they come out with

no need to open the door to them

they are nothing more than a bully

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

I have gathered now that they do rely on underhand and bullying tactics. I know they are doing a job but who in their right mind would get any pleasure from terrifying people into handing over money? needless to say I have heard nothing from this colleague today