Faulty coat from Dorothy Perkins

bex1210
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey I bought coat from Dorothy Perkins online in September. As the weather has been quite mild I only started wearing it the other week when it was really cold. After 4 days of wear I noticed the lining under the left arm had come away. I took the coat back to two stores. The first store initially offered me an exchange, which i didn't want, but after viewing the date on the receipt they accused me of purposefully damaging the coat and refused to offer me anything. The second store told me that unless I had bought it from their store they could not help me. After contacting their customer services department, I was advised they would investigate if there had been any manufacturing issues with the coat but if not, i would be refused a refund. Surely, this can't be right. Any suggestions? Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

The coat should be of merchantable quality so the lining shouldnt have given up after wearing it once. You will need to write to the customer services and explain exactly what has occurred and ask for it to be replaced with either the same or a similar one at not less than the cost of that one. You cannot expect your money back after this time but the company should fulfil its obligations under the Sale of Goods Act, which they havent so far. Would you accept a credit note? if so let them know that.