Nat West joint acc problem ...

RaeUK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

[Apols, I haven't the foggiest where to ask this. So if it's in the wrong forum please move it. Thank-you. ]

A close friend separated from her husband about 7 years ago, give or take. She has asked to be taken off the joint account many times.

On at least three occasions over the passed four years she and her estranged husband have signed whatever form they were asked to and returned it to the branch. On one occasion, at least, this was done in the bank with a member of the banking staff.

The husband has since run up an overdraft of £7k.

Unfortunately, my friend's name remains on the account and NatWest claim not to have any record of any request(s) for her to be taken off it.

There is some concern that the husband may default on the debt and go bankrupt.Where does my friend stand?

Is there anything she can do to protect herself from a debt she had nothing to do with?

What steps could she take to try and prove that Nat West have repeatedly been appraised of the situation

and she has asked to be removed from the account long before any debt was created?

Edited by RaeUK

complaint to CEO IMHO.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok, many thanks dx. Should she also submit a sar (?) to see if there is any record of her requests to be removed from the account? The last time she used the account was about 5 years ago to deposit £14k as her husbands share from the sale of the former marital home.

why not

might put the cat in the birdcage

i can't see why there would not be some record of the 4 attempts etc

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...