RaeUK

Nat West joint acc problem ...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2520 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

[Apols, I haven't the foggiest where to ask this. So if it's in the wrong forum please move it. Thank-you. ]

A close friend separated from her husband about 7 years ago, give or take. She has asked to be taken off the joint account many times.

On at least three occasions over the passed four years she and her estranged husband have signed whatever form they were asked to and returned it to the branch. On one occasion, at least, this was done in the bank with a member of the banking staff.

The husband has since run up an overdraft of £7k.

Unfortunately, my friend's name remains on the account and NatWest claim not to have any record of any request(s) for her to be taken off it.

There is some concern that the husband may default on the debt and go bankrupt.Where does my friend stand?

Is there anything she can do to protect herself from a debt she had nothing to do with?

What steps could she take to try and prove that Nat West have repeatedly been appraised of the situation

and she has asked to be removed from the account long before any debt was created?

Edited by RaeUK

complaint to CEO IMHO.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Ok, many thanks dx. Should she also submit a sar (?) to see if there is any record of her requests to be removed from the account? The last time she used the account was about 5 years ago to deposit £14k as her husbands share from the sale of the former marital home.

why not

might put the cat in the birdcage

i can't see why there would not be some record of the 4 attempts etc

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets