Welcome Finance any dealings???

falcon185
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Am glad I stumbled on this thread lol - Borrowed £7500 on an £11000 car just over 2 years ago, on a 36 month agt, monthly payments were £322.76 no PPI, and an interest rate of 35.8%

Had the car for 12 months, made payments totalling £3873.12 - all on time, and had a settlement figure of... £6698.00 - It cost me £4675 to have the money for 12 months......

SAR in my hand and going to local branch tomorrow!

Thanks

Mike

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am glad I stumbled on this thread lol - Borrowed £7500 on an £11000 car just over 2 years ago, on a 36 month agt, monthly payments were £322.76 no PPI, and an interest rate of 35.8%

Had the car for 12 months, made payments totalling £3873.12 - all on time, and had a settlement figure of... £6698.00 - It cost me £4675 to have the money for 12 months......

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) in my hand and going to local branch tomorrow!

Thanks

Mike

Hi GSMGuy,

I wouldn't bother to take it into the local branch, they may file it in B for Bin, send it to the head office:

Welcome Financial Services,

Mere Way

Ruddington Fields Business Park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

Tanz

Hi Mike,

they all seem ok until they are chasing you or your chasing them, best thing to do is get her to sign her copy and your copy or keep a copy but send original to Head office Recorded delivery.

Bazza

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

Hi Mike,

they all seem ok until they are chasing you or your chasing them, best thing to do is get her to sign her copy and your copy or keep a copy but send original to Head office Recorded delivery.

Bazza

I tried for months to get an answer from the branch. I wrote to Ruddington in the end and got a response - OK, it wasn't a good response, but it was a response.

I've let Xmas come and go and i'm now about to recommence the battle. I have the SAR to chase up - info on PPI that they've said is nothing to do with them, and also a copy of a signed & executed agreement that they don't appear to have (they know that without it they can't get a penny, but i want them to admit finally that they don't have it).

Hi Soli,

good to see you again, Happy New Year, in my case I took my SAR into the local branch with my cheque for £10. They then forwarded it to head office for them to deal with it. If the Branch's dont know how to deal with it ( in most cases they dont ) they have to forward it on.

hope all goes well for all of you.

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

Hi all what a fab read. I have two defaults registered for the same account one with welcome and one with Hillesdon.

Welcome start date 13/06/02 issued default (although i cancelled agreement as they failed to rectify repairs and were bloody awful)

Sep 2003

Other default same start date issued Nov 2005.

I have had no communication or response to SAR and complaints and luckily have the agreement dated 31/05/02

Now the warrenty states start date 7/06/02 and I have struggled getting them to remove defaults. My file states two from previous address both the sae comapnay advice would be good.

SBFIDO

Accredited Member of the CIEH

No more will I be bullied or harassed.

When informed that the call is recorded for training and monitoring I always say I don't want it used for training. :razz:

I always ask for the ICO registration information - they often dont have it, shame i never discuss my personal data unless I know they comply with the DPA.

Finally I always record calls and state at the start of there call. Although I don't have too.

Haven't posted on this thread for a while. been ill, busy, xmas etc...

But I have been keeping up with everyone else's posts. Have also posted about Welcome taking an unauthorised payment from my bank account on a seperate thread.

Have sent my SAR and CCA to Head Office and had a reply neither. CCA 12 days was up a while ago and SAR is nearly up.

I have today sent a letter to them

a. Complaining about a member of their staff using my debit card without my permission

b. stating the debt is now in dispute as they haven't replied to CCA request

c. reminding them that they are nearly out of time with the SAR

d. requesting again! that they do not telephone me at work/speak to my colleagues(they phoned at end of dec, but I was off sick...hence the unauthorised payment). Quoted the telephone harassment stuff and reminded them that all calls to my workplace are recorded....which they are (well, sometimes anyway;) . Luckily have the option to record if I get an abusive punter[or abusive Welcome representative?])

I'm glad there seems so many of us now standing up to Welcome. Let's just hope we start to see results soon.

Good luck everyone

Claire

• Haha 1

Hi Sandra,

Happy new year to you too.

I've seen some claiming for repayment on car finance, but i looked on the OFT's site and could find nothing that actually stated that HP agreements were not covered as Kieran claims, but then i could find nothing to say that they were! Anyway have sent my response back which was recieved by them on Weds, just waiting to see what they send back now.

Hi Carinas

Hope you had a good new year.

I have read through a lot of sites here and a lot of them state that it is not only banks and credit cards.

There is a lot reclaimed for charges on missed mortgage payments charges, charges for finance on cars, loans so there is no reason why Welcome is any different. I did find one on Halifax disputing this as well that it only applied for bank charges but this was disputed by the claimant and they won. I just cannot find it again as there is so many to go through but I will keep looking.

I am awaiting Welcome to call me back apparantly Kieran Scothern is in a meeting.

£914.00 unfair bank charges recovered from NatWest after 1st letter :)

£255.00 unfair bank charges recovered from RBS after 1st letter :)

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Woolwich 2 defaults removed, 1 ccj removed. My credit file is now clean :D

I tried for months to get an answer from the branch. I wrote to Ruddington in the end and got a response - OK, it wasn't a good response, but it was a response.

I've let Xmas come and go and i'm now about to recommence the battle. I have the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to chase up - info on PPI that they've said is nothing to do with them, and also a copy of a signed & executed agreement that they don't appear to have (they know that without it they can't get a penny, but i want them to admit finally that they don't have it).

Well arrived there at 9:05 this morning, and walked through the door - They were having a sales meeting lol, so I went straight up to the managers desk, passed him my letter, and said "can you just sign and stamp that receipt on the bottom of page 2, and let me have a copy??

He said "ok" and then started to read it... "2 mins" says he, and then off into a side office to make 2 calls.... I saw him read the letter out word for word.. Then he came back, checked on the computer, and says "this account is settled, what's the problem" I said "no problem, yet, just want the info" So he signed and stamped it, gave me a copy and said it would go direct to the correct dept via internal mail today....

Mike

Hi everybody, great thread, sorry for hijacking it.

I have a loan with Welcome, which has PPI included in it.

I have phoned the Accounts Manager at the local branch asking for this PPI to be removed on the grounds that I was missold the PPI and was told that I had to write to him direct, then he would send it to his manager, who would then send it to his manager etc.

He also stated that unless I had a valid reason for this cancellation then the PPI would not be cancelled.

Is this right???

Also are there any proforma letters etc that I can use to make this initial request.

Thanks in advance:evil:

what do i do know that my SAR and CCA requests have been completely ignored there 40 days and all i have recieved is one piece of paper with a few lines of numbers on.

i have now been informed by welcome that they are passing my account on to the debt collection agency.

Are they just ignoring these SAR requsests and immediately passing us on to DCA's.

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 3-11-06

statements recieved (few missing) 17-11-06

prelim letter sent 23-11-06

WON £249.00 refunded in FULL after 1st letter:grin:

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

Welcome finance (mis-sold PPI, extortionate APR, excessive charges)

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

'stop harrasing via telephone' letter sent 23-11-06

Request copies of original credit agreements letter sent 23-11-06

what do i do know that my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and CCA requests have been completely ignored there 40 days and all i have recieved is one piece of paper with a few lines of numbers on.

i have now been informed by welcome that they are passing my account on to the debt collection agency.

Are they just ignoring these SAR requsests and immediately passing us on to DCA's.

It would be a good idea for you to send a formal letter saying that your account is in dispute, if you haven't already done so. Also it may be that you need to send some sort of adaption to the Section 10 Data Protection Act Notice, see here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/5078-10-data-protection-act.html

Obviously read it and ammend to suit, as it refers in bits to bank charges, then post it here for comment prior to sending it. It may be that others have a different view.

Hope this helps

Tanz

I have already looked at this template but i don't like sending letters that i don't fully understand myself. In the sense that it is hard to read and follow what it means.

I will send a formal letter stating that i am putting my account into dispute and see what happens from there.

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

Hi,

I agree with Tanz, if the account is in dispute they cannot forward it on to a DCA until the dispute is resolved. As they have defaulted on the DPA I would also inform the Information commissioners of this. Hopefully they will do what they are supposed to do against Welcome for the breach.

I thought that is what i had to do next but how do i inform the information commisioner. Where do i write to and is there a template letter for that.

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

Hi,

I'm not sure but if you look in the templates library I think a letter is in there??

If you do want to complain to the ICO heres the link:

ICO – Information Commissioner's Office

There is a section for complaints. However it is a slow process. Sending a templated non-compliance letter giving them 7 days may be the answer and may force them to get info you need. Did you send your SAR to the local branch or the head office? As the local branches often seem to file things in B for Bin.

Tanz

Sandra - did you recieve a response from Welcome how is your claim coming along?

Grapes - haven't heard off you since xmas, hows it going?

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Hello!!

Sorry to have been away for a while but I am back now! Hope you have missed me!

Well Mr S and I have finally grown weary of the essays we have sent back and forth to each other and off we go to court. Actually I feel quite relieved that we are finally at this point :p

I had given him until Monday 15th but sod it, he has come back with his final offer, so off to local court tomorrow to file the documents.

How is everyone else doing?

Hello!!

Sorry to have been away for a while but I am back now! Hope you have missed me!

Well Mr S and I have finally grown weary of the essays we have sent back and forth to each other and off we go to court. Actually I feel quite relieved that we are finally at this point :p

I had given him until Monday 15th but sod it, he has come back with his final offer, so off to local court tomorrow to file the documents.

How is everyone else doing?

Well i got a letter from Mr S saying they are prepared to accept service of legal documentation, think they are trying to call my bluff but am going to put in a court claim anyway. Are you using moneyclaim? or going direct to the court?

Well i dont know if this is an interesting development or not but -

I rang the branch of welcome finance (hull) that are dealing with my loan to chase up why i hadn't recieved anything relating to my SAR or CCA requests.

They state that they were posted before xmas (Um i never recieved them) but will send further copies to me as all the information they hold on me is stored on their head offices computer and it shouldn't be a problem getting another copy printed off and they will be with me by the end of the week.

Are they just stalling me for time or is this true as i know most of you are being sent made up unsigned copies of your credit agreements.

I also told them that my account is now in dispute and they cannot forward my account on to the DCA but they said that it is out of their hands as it is automatic and they have no control stopping it happening???

He did ask me why my account was in dispute so i told him about trying to make a claim against the mis-sold PPI, the extortionately high APR rate, the charges for non existent home visits, the imaginary phonecalls, credit acceptance fee's, early resettlemnt charges to finance another loan etc etc, at which point either i lost my signal or he hung up on me?? I tried ringing back but he's in a meeting!!!

I will give them until friday then i will be hassling them again. Bit sad really as the loan was supposed to be paid of next month. And it would have been if the PPI was worth the paper it was written on.

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

Off to the local court to file the N1, the MCOL just does not give you enough space to put down ALL the information I want to in the POC.

Said the same thing about service of legal documents to me, if its a bluff, they picked the wrong person because I dont care.

The harassment used to worry me but now I just want the boot to be on the other foot. Welcome really did us over with the "help" they offered and I havent forgotten, I am just not the same gullible person I was before.

Surfing the internet for Welcome related stories and found this one,

"A case brought to my attention involves a constituent who was loaned £500—not much by today's standards. On top of that, he bought health care insurance at £130 and optional payment protection insurance for another £100. In addition, he faced a £65 acceptance fee, making a total of £795. He received the whole sum on credit, and the APR was 90 per cent. Such charges are both extortionate and disproportionate, especially as the loan was only for 12 months. None of that insurance protected my constituent when repayment became difficult for him. Indeed, the authors of his misfortune, Welcome Financial Services Ltd.—a misnomer if ever there was one—called at his mother's house threatening court action. To add to the irony of its name, the company has won an Investors in People award. It would say that it is doing nothing illegal and would, no doubt, point to other loan sharks whose behaviour is 10 or 100 times worse. However, that is no defence. Those rip-offs may seem more respectable, but they are still rip-offs. According to a copy of my constituent's repayment record, he had managed to repay about £290 of the original loan—more than half of the lump sum that he wanted—before he ran into difficulties"

MP Colin Challen - In Parliment- lets hear it for Hansard!!

It made me smile :D particularly liked "a misnomer if ever there was one"!