• Tweets

• Hi everyone, I have an update on my case that I’d like to share with you all.  so after submitting 371 pages in my bundle, a witness statement and skeleton argument for my court case due to take place in Manchester on June 21st I got an email from my litigator stating that hmrc have pulled out and the case is now closed!    this is the body of the letter….. This letter, which is copied to the Appellant, pursuant to Rule 17 of the Tribunal Procedure (First-tier Tribunal) (Tax Chamber) Rules 2009, the Respondents gives notice to the Tribunal of their intention to not defend the above appeal.   The Respondents respectfully invite the Tribunal to allow the appeal and close its file. In lieu of the above the Respondents would respectfully ask the Tribunal to vacate the hearing scheduled for Friday 21 June 2024. We would accordingly invite the Tribunal to close its file. Obviously this is extremely good news which hasn’t sunk in that after 3 years of fighting it is over.    I do have a further fight on my hands in that the Group Action I had joined with Independent Tax that had been disbanded in November last year and I chose not to continue with them. They are trying to bill me over 5k for the work they did under that Group Action which is ludicrous bearing in mind the whole point in joining was that it would keep the cost to a minimum as it would be shared between us all. They had asked if I wanted to continue to have them represent me on an individual level which I declined, if I hadn’t, goodness knows what they would have been trying to charge me now. 
    • President Ruto says Kenyans pay less tax than citizens in some other African countries.View the full article
    • As PM Sunak really showed his true colours at the D Day Commemorations by doing what? Oh I am the British PM lets just leave early I have better things to do and as he is called out on disrespecting all those veterans that served our country for the freedoms we have today he gives a groveling apology to little to late. He knew about this event for a long time and also knew that this is probably the last D Day Commemoration due to the age of those Veterans who gave so much for there countries freedom. Even on the day of the D Day Commemoration he still could have changed his plans As PM and stayed but choose not to showing such DISRESPECT to those Veterans, those that lost there lives and Families for the Freedoms we have today Being a Veteran myself I have never known a PM to show such disrespect what the hell was he thinking SHAME ON YOU PM SUNAK  
    • Thanks. We'll try to help over the weekend. If the hearing is on 05/07 then it's 90% sure that the deadline for filing your WS is 21/06.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

i desperately need advice please.4

claraward
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please help.i have been claiming ESA for 7 years for GAD.when i first started claiming i was with the father of my 3 kids .long story short me and my partner split 6 years ago after his one night stand daughter came a knocking for her daddy ,she was 16 at this time .we split and reconciled a few times but last september i threw him out for good ,i changed my claim to a single claim and we both moved on (although his family gave us grief).

in march this year i failed my ATOS medical and so i appealed straight away.i have rang the dwp loads of times and found out on monday this week that it has now gone to a tribunal hearing.

i rang the tribunal and was asked security questions to confirm my identity and when i said my address he said it was incorrect and i protested it wasnt so he updated the computer and told me a letter had been sent out to wrong address supplied by the appeals within the DWP.he ordered another letter to be sent to me and i recieved them today.on the address on the actual letter (not the envelope ) it is my ex sister inlaws address wrote there.i have never used her address for anything at all but my ex used it for his JSA claim when we split.

i rang the ESA who told me they had been given that address by the CSA (i have never dealt with the CSA at all ) on the 17th of october 2012 as my new address.

i rang CSA who said it was a system upgrade that changed my details.

this is now my major problem (sorry its so long ,but got no family to support me )

i havent spoken to my exes mum in 6 years since my exes daughter turned up on the scene and all his family played happy families with her TONIGHT out of the blue she arrived on my doorstep with all my appeal papers and two additional letters that her daughter (my exes sister who we have a restraining order out on ) had recieved to her address.all the letters were open and the pages on my appeal were in the wrong order (showing they had been read).

there is some very sensitive information in the appeal about my health and now too many people know my mobile no,house no,NI number and doctors referals to mental health teams and thier conclusions on my mental health.

PLEASE HELP ,WHOS AT FAULT HERE? my ex mother in law took satisfaction in hinting they had laughed at me .

Edited by citizenB
formatting

the excuse was that my name wasnt showing in the window of the envelope ,but there was 3 letters all adressed to me and coffee stains on the middle of the appeal papers.i know the family well enough to know thier mentality would be to read all the letters ,that doesnt surprise me but as for the CSA and ESA they are both denying they are at fault for sending personal info to an address that has nothing to me.i have claimed ESA for 7 years at my address and dont understand how this could happen.

You need to start a complaints procedure with both the CSA and DWP. Highly personal information got into the hands of the people you would least want it to for no fault of your own. I'd be horrified if detailed medical info about me got into the hands of my ex's family ( though to give them credit, whatever my issues with them, they would never open mail meant for me), so I can relate to the horror you must be feeling. The DWP and CSA between them have broken data protection law in not keeping your information safe. Maybe someone else can chime in on whether a copy of the complaint should be sent to the information commissioner?

http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/handling.aspx

Were it me I would be demanding compensation - especially as the personal information was sent to the address of someone you have a restraining order against. Make that fact very clear in your complaint.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

thankyou for taking the time to reply,much appreciated.i havent actually slept yet i am so wound up.i have read the appeal papers again and again just to let it sink in to what info that family now hold about me and i am horrified.there is letters to the appeal service from my befriender who i see once a week highlighting briefly about my problems with my family history (i was with my partner 18 years and he didnt know most of it ) and about my financial worries and failing health.im distraught.

i am still in shock his mum came to my door because we have avoided the family for years even though we live on an estate where everybody knows your business .

I remember reading on the Parliamentart Ombudsman website about a similar case where a wrongly input change of address on, I think, HMRC's system got passed around to every other government department.

I am going in search of a link. Back soon.

http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0012/6411/PHSO-0108-HC-709-report-final-web-11012011.pdf

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Having skimmed the report again, the first thing to do is make a formal complaint. Given the recommendations that the Parliamentary Ombudsman made, it should be sufficient to make one complaint and for one of the departments involved to then investigate. I think it would be easiest to make the complaint to DWP, via which ever office deals with your ESA claim.

You must point out that there has been a very serious breach of data protection in which sensitive personal information has been disclosed to a party who is likely to use it maliciously.

It would probably really help if you could get support from e.g. CAB to make your complaint. Give them the link to the report above.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

thankyou so much for replying ,i really appreciate any advice given and intend to start the ball rolling in the morning with a clear head .theres so much ive not included here due to trying to keep my question to the point .thanks again .

Unless you're really good at making formal complaints I would really strongly suggest you get help with this one. Someone has made a mistake somewhere which has possibly caused you a lot of harm when the agencies involved have already been told not to allow this to happen again. In fact, I wonder if it would be worth asking your MP for help since s/he might be able to go straight to the Parliamentary Ombudsman without trying to get DWP etc to sort out their error.

Otherwise, try CAB or Welfare Advice if your council has them. Maybe someone else can suggest something else?

RMW

i have been trying to contact my CAB today because one of the ladies there helped prepare my appeal back in sep 2011 and the appeal i will attend next year.considering the dwp had my appeal since april 14th this year and its only just gone to a tribunal its been stressful enough trying to fight the decision without all this happening as well.

i will need support from her because its something ive never done before and although im very good at writing letters ,and fighting my corner i just feel worn out anyway trying to convince the dwp and atos that GAD isnt an excuse not to work.

im very concerned about my telephone numbers leaking out because my exes daughter caused me and my 3 kids a lot of grief when she first appeared on the scene and we changed our landline no 4 times in the space of the 6 years and my mobile no just as many times through harrassment.

my ex was never aware that every wednesday i saw a befriender, i told him i saw a well woman nurse so that his family wouldnt find out (they are vile people), but in my appeal papers my befrienders letter is there stating some of what we discussed at our meetings and my mental health nuirses letters are there so its just a matter of time until comments are thrown my way .thankyou for listening .