Debt collection letters for someone else

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Recently i have been receiving letters for someone who has never lived at my address. I did notice though that the account was for a company i too have a debt with and is being dealt with by red castle which is the same as this letter.

Also we did receive a call on our home phone asking for someone by the same name the other day too and the other half told them that no one by that name lived here. What i cannot work out is that our number is ex directory so how did they get the number as we only just recently got this number and the only people who have it are family and doctors etc.

So i was just wondering what i should do, I have called red castle and advised them that person does not live here.

Do i need to do anything else?

also could they use the phone number to get a address even though its ex directory as i cannot understand how that person is linked to this address as they have never lived here.

Any advice would be appreciated

Return all letters unopened marked no at this address, or ''return to sender addressee unknown.

DO not engage with them on the phone.

Telphone numbers and addressses are easly found.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Credit reports are strictly on named individuals (data subjects) NOT on addresses!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

If you also have a debt with Red Castle, perhaps they have just got the name wrong ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

no it is a different ref number though it is similar only the last 4 digits are slightly different one end 1808 and the other 0080 and the address is just house name (spelt wrong) and road name and post code on my letter it has full address. also the amount owed are different. it has really baffled me how they have my address and someone elses name

If, after you have told them of their error, they keep sending correspondence intended for someone else to your address, then that is an offence under the Data Protection Act.

I had this problem for some time as the previous owners of my house had run up debts everywhere. I warned the companies concerned and was ignored, so I let them send more letters for a bit, and then reported them to ICO. That brought them squealing to a halt.

If, after you have told them of their error, they keep sending correspondence intended for someone else to your address, then that is an offence under the Data Protection Act.

I had this problem for some time as the previous owners of my house had run up debts everywhere. I warned the companies concerned and was ignored, so I let them send more letters for a bit, and then reported them to ICO. That brought them squealing to a halt.

Did the ICO actually contact the DCA to stop them sending letters ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

A breach of the DPA would occurr if the letters were opened and read any letters no addressed to you should be returned and open, I have found the best way is to return the letters to the address usually provided on the back of the envelope in one batch by 2nd class post with a covering letter stating this person is unknown at this address.