Suspended after problems at work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok look, I really can't help if you are not going to go into enough detail.

I am going to suggest that if the position with the supervisor is no better your option is to talk to your manager or lodge another grievance, but if you want to take things to an Et you are going to have to do better than "Talks to you like s**t". You will need dates, times, exact quotes, any witnesses. You will need medical reports. You will need full details of the mediation and follow up process.

Similarly you are going to need a lot more evidence on the overtime thing.

If you wish to fight this, you need to put a bit more effort into demontrating why you are in the right.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

ok. The supervisor would tell me to do one thing then manager would approach me to ask why the job wasn't being done the way it should be, i would explain to the manager what supervisor had said to do causing the manager to disagree. it was always manager saying one thing and supervisor saying another. supervisor would come across very sheepish to say something to you, everyone in the depot knows what the supervisor is like but they won't say or do anything about it, i got to the point where i approached my manager about the way the supervisor was making me feel he told me to put it in a email to him and he would deal with it, nothing got done so it carried on until the point i hated going into work i also told my manager this, i went to see my gp explained to her what was going on, how i felt etc and she put me on the sick with stress, i went back to see my gp 2 weeks later i was no better as nothing was being sorted at work so she gave me another sick note and put me on anti depressants, when i first returned to work my supervisor was told by h.r to keep contact minimal until we had mediation, and there was no follow up progess that was it end of it,

I have my work records on what i done on the days on overtime i.e you are expected to do ten items an hour so in 5hrs you do 50, the company are saying i claimed 5hrs overtime but only stayed 1.5 hrs but i couldn't do 50 in 1.5 hrs, on a normal 8hr shift i do 80 items, they are going off tunnel pass times not on work records, i couldn't and wouldn't claim 5hrs ad only stay 1.5 hrs, i have worked for this company for 15yrs and never had any of this until i put informal grievance in against supervisor. could it be possible this is all happening or everything that has happened is because i'm the only female on shop floor, only other female that you hardly see is admin.

You are likely to be dismissed for overtime claims so focus on that first. If you are dismissed the supervisor issue is a factor that my be taken into account at an ET

You need evidence. Time logs, work logs, etc, for both of you. In lots of detail.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

My supervisor undermined everything i done he would tell me to tell somebody else to do a certain job, i would go ask the person to do what i had been told they would give me mouth full i would go to supervisor and he would do nothing about it, i had to take the abuse from people who worked below me, supervisor would come in check all the figures for the day if he wasn't happy i would get him having a go at me not the person it concerned, he would look down on me, this has only really been happening since beginning of this year, supervisor has already been sent on an anger management course because of way he speaks to people, the course helped for a little while but he sharp slipped back into his old ways and manager was well aware of the way he is because different people told him. at one point he asked my partner if he wanted supervisor role saying there was going to be big changes over next couple of weeks that was nearly a year ago and nothing changed, like i said manager not at our depot very often so it's like he doesn't care really, he has another depot in his home town which he's trying to save from redundancy ad closure.

My partner yes was suspended for same allegation as me not the alleged complaint.

Big mess and it really has got me worried sick. never felt like this in my life not even when i got divorced

only have work logs no time logs, what is ET

Does the company not need more evidence than they have?

I fill out overtime sheets every month they get handed in and signed off my supervisor, he checks the work logs to see how many been done against the hours being claimed.

What about the people including supervisor who claim same amount of hours as us but don't use tunnel pass

Edited by amanda69

Does company not need more evidence?

Every month i handed in overtime sheet it would be signed off by supervisor after he checked logs for figures, he checked this against hours claimed.

What about other people who claim same hours as us but have no tunnel pass and use their car to come to work instead of company work van?

why are you double posting everything?

I don't know what a tunnel pass is. should I? I do know you need to focus on proving your hous, not anyone else's.

don't know why i double posted, sorry, a tunnel pass is from one side of the water to the other, so you go north to south under the water and vice versa, i have been concentrating on proving my hours, it just feels like certain people suspended and ones without a pass aren't, so it looks like to me they are trying everything to get me out since grievance. I haven't had pass since june and they only decided to suspend me in oct when they get copies of pass use every month,

Amanda,

I realise this is a very stressful time for you and you must be worried sick about the prospect of losing your job.

However, if you want people to help you on here you need to be much clearer in your explanations and answers to questions.

Eg."a tunnel pass is from one side of the water to the other." Now no doubt this makes perfect sense to you, but to someone who does not even know what type of job you do it means very little.

Now I still feel quite strongly that your employer is trying to get rid of you as a direct result of you submitting an informal grievance against your supervisor, in legal terms this is called victimisation and in order to avoid having to pay you redundancy money in January. Therefore if they do sack you without very good reason including providing proof you claimed for overtime hours that you did not work, you may be able to submit a complaint to an employment tribunal for unfair dismissal and victimisation. But that is all in the future.

Most important now is to concentrate on getting ready for the disciplinary hearing next week.

Firstly have you arranged for either the union rep or a colleague to attend the hearing with you?

What evidence do you have to prove you worked the hours that you are claiming for?

Has there ever been a discrepancy or questions over overtime hours claimed against you before?

Was it always you the supervisor came to when he had a question or there was a discrepancy? If so is there are reason for this? eg you are the most senior?

It is really important to be prepared for the hearing next week and please do not bring up things about what other people did or did not do, it is almost never helpful.

DJ

Can you tell us in plain english what type of work you do.

Amanda,

I realise this is a very stressful time for you and you must be worried sick about the prospect of losing your job.

However, if you want people to help you on here you need to be much clearer in your explanations and answers to questions.

Eg."a tunnel pass is from one side of the water to the other." Now no doubt this makes perfect sense to you, but to someone who does not even know what type of job you do it means very little.

Now I still feel quite strongly that your employer is trying to get rid of you as a direct result of you submitting an informal grievance against your supervisor, in legal terms this is called victimisation and in order to avoid having to pay you redundancy money in January. Therefore if they do sack you without very good reason including providing proof you claimed for overtime hours that you did not work, you may be able to submit a complaint to an employment tribunal for unfair dismissal and victimisation. But that is all in the future.

Most important now is to concentrate on getting ready for the disciplinary hearing next week.

Firstly have you arranged for either the union rep or a colleague to attend the hearing with you?

What evidence do you have to prove you worked the hours that you are claiming for?

Has there ever been a discrepancy or questions over overtime hours claimed against you before?

Was it always you the supervisor came to when he had a question or there was a discrepancy? If so is there are reason for this? eg you are the most senior?

It is really important to be prepared for the hearing next week and please do not bring up things about what other people did or did not do, it is almost never helpful.

DJ

Can you tell us in plain english what type of work you do.

i work with medical supplies. the tunnel pass is on the north east so from newcastle to sunderland you have to cross the water so the tunnel pass takes you under the river tyne from north to south,

I have a union rep

only evidence i have is my work logs

my supervisor tells me how to do my job even though i'm a team leader if that makes sense

i am an infection control laundry team leader

With regards to the tunnel pass are you saying you have to go from one "office" to the other "office" and one is based in the north and the other is in the south but you can claim travelling time?

yes got tunnel pass from home on the north to the south and company pay, but the company are saying i went through to early and claimed more than i should in wages, been to union and i have a good case.

I'm still really struggling to see what you mean. I think it is because you are abbreviating things, missing things out, and not writing in full sentences.

I think you may do better with your rep who can ask you questions more easily. I am glad you have one.

Very good luck with it.

I'm still really struggling to see what you mean. I think it is because you are abbreviating things, missing things out, and not writing in full sentences.

I think you may do better with your rep who can ask you questions more easily. I am glad you have one.

Very good luck with it.

hiya

there is alot to this case i would be here along time if i had to write it all down, the union put a grievance in last week against the company and told them we are taking them to appeal then court, i will fight them all the way. i have worked for this company 15yrs and they are damaging my character. i won't let that happen, i will keep you posted,

thank you

can an employer treat people differently for same allegation, loads people involved but only 3 suspended.. 1 back at work with final written warning other 2 to be sacked, already pre determined before disciplinary hearing, manager of company told union rep what the out come was going to be

amanda, it is really difficult to advise on the info you give. You will get a better answer from your rep if they know the whole story.

amanda, it is really difficult to advise on the info you give. You will get a better answer from your rep if they know the whole story.

hoping to talk to rep tomorrow, my head battered, confused, upset by way company treating me, no point to loyalty these days

thanks anyway, i will come back to you soon

hello, you wrote an email to the manager and nothing was done. i guess that you still have proof of this email. this as well as other things helps build up a case of constructive dismissal = ie, various things being done and not done by your employers

Edited by ims21
Link removed