Flat falling down, landlord not doing repairs!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Just had a look at my tenency agreement. There's a nice bit that says if theirs any rent arrears they won't do repairs!!!

If the things need repairing are causing a health and safety issue or making the building unfit for habitation, then they have no choice but to repair. They cant get out of that.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this is my landlords idea of "fixing" the holes in the walls:

null-40.jpg

null-39.jpg

Two days later and the holes are reappearing.

They had someone on the roof the other day, he was there for 7 min, another patch up job.

Environmental health are ignoring me still.

Hi

with your electricity constantly cutting out have you fought of having a chat with your local fire station and asking then to come out to do a fire inspection even if its for your property and mention the electrical issue.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Tbh the electricity has been fine since they changed the plug, for now.

I've just registered with council housing, hopefully this will all go In my favour.

Does anyone know if I can put in a copy of the environmental health report to get me moved quicker?

Cheers

What Env Health report? I thought they were ignoring you.

They initially came out and inspected the property. A report was sent to myself and the landlord detailing the issues and giving x amount of time to rectify. This wasn't done and eh said " I have a dialogue with your landlord". Since then eh have ignored every email I've sent him.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I refuse access to my landlords workmen until I see there credentials?

I'm fairly certain they are not qualified, one in particular. He's been on the phone again and surprise surprise my shower is leaking for the 18th time.

not impressed:

I can advise that I revisited the property and common parts with a representative from x April 2013. All works have been completed to my satisfaction and the job has been closed. Unfortunately I am unable to assist any further in this matter. I trust this information is of assistance.

Regards

Environmental Health Officer

HMO Team

Thank you for your email. I can advise that I have now had the opportunity to look at the photos you forwarded. Whilst I appreciate you dissatisfaction with the repair I must advise that from a public health perspective this is a cosmetic matter which I am unable to move forward.

I would advise that you bring this to the attention of x and ask them if they can take a further look at the situation. I trust this information is of assistance.

Regards

HMO Team

You think a wall with holes in because of damp is cosmetic???

Sent from my iPhone

I was not aware of any on going issue with damp affecting your flat as all works to address this matter have been completed. Do you know whether the problem is external or coming from another flat? also can you confirm whether you have raised the issue with your landlord? if so what was there response.

HMO Team

perhaps if you had checked internal works not just communal areas you would be aware problms have not been fixed. I am unable to confirm were the damp is coming from, I am not a damp expert. You know ful well multiple emails and verbal requests have been made to the landlord to fix issues, hence why you were involved.

I do believe page 3 of your own report states the following:

1. Damp and mould growth

1. extensive penetrating dampness to the second floor common areas AND LOUNGE AND KITCHEN WALLS OF FLAT 5. IN PARTS THE WALL PLASTER IS PERISHED AND ADDLED. The source of water ingress requires investigation. Upon establishing the source of ingress; CARRY OUT ALL WORKS NECESSARY TO STOP THE WATER INGRESS AND MAKE GOOD ANY INTERNAL DAMAGE ACCORDINGLY. IN PARTS THE WALL PLASTER IS PERISHED AND ADDLED....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

FUMING!! My bathroom light went kaboom so I reported it. I was sat in my living room with music on doing uni stuff, went to the toilet, low and behold there's foot prints in the bathroom and front door was open!!! The work men had entered without permission or even knocking on the door to come in!!! They just let themselves in!!!

Then later they came back as I was in my way out and knocked he says "what's wrong with this light then" I said listen you know full well etc etc I told him I had to go out to work and would he lock the door with the key he obviously had "yeah no problem". I told the landlord I had to honour and make sure they lock the front door. Come home from work, guess what?! Not only was it not locked, it was wide open!!!! They've also been into my living room, the lights were left on, there was no reason whatsoever for them to go into the living room!!!!