highlandertom vs. Barclaycard-Cabot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, not sure if this is posted in the right place?

I have two cc acounts in arrears, Cabot bought them both from Barclaycard, but did this whilst a payment arrangement was in place, for £5 per month with no interest , Cabot simply continued this arrangement.

I sent Cabot separate cca's with £1 postal orders, for each account, then after no response, 'account in dispute' letters , they have failed to respond or even acknowlege any of these letters? All letters sent 'signed for' and all received. Could someone help me?

Was it 'legal' for barclaycard to sell these accounts to Cabot in the first place? there had been an unbroken payment record to Barclaycard once the arrangement was put in place.

Both accounts go back to 2000/2003 ish, so unlikely that they can supply docs. so what will happen next? I will complain to Trading Standards once a month has passed, anything else I can/should do?

many thanks, Tom

Edited by highlandertom

Ah, does the SAR relate to me the person, rather than a specific account? I will have no ppi to claim, being self employed I had allways refused it, but will have fees and charges. I will send off the SAR tomorrow to barclaycard, and list all three account details.

many thanks, Tom

Just one SAR will suffice for both... Or all three if you want. You may find some handy charges or ppi to reclaim!

Fine BUT you must ensure you state ALL accounts and list them.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 4 weeks later...

Erm...heard of Google? :lol:

Barclaycard is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC, registered office 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP

Halifax Credit Cards are issued by Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No.SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ.

• Confused 1

:oops:Thanks ims21, did look at the ICO's site, but it seemed to point to clydesdale for barclaycard?

I'll get those off now.

Any chance you could take a look at my thread, and pdf attachements,

highlandertom vs. Haliax CC

I do not really understand what they have given me. Firstly, the application form is illegible, so will write and ask for a clear copy, but as to the reconstituted stuff?I have no idea if it complys with the act, and now it has been sold on to crabit, pardon spelling, need to work out what is what. One good thing is that they will have no right of offset now.

many thanks, Tom

had the same with crapit, two Barclaycard accounts purchased, one they admit there is no CCA, the other just a reconstructed, as both are way pre 2007 told em wanted the original and they would need the original for court action.... They admit they can't under English Law enforce but you had the money hippy now pay..

More chance of me beating the bolt at the 100metres than them getting a penny. Then comes the 50% discount letter,, keep going boys, down to 2% and you might tweek the Hippies interest.. !!!!!!!!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959