Parking ticket at a virgin active gym!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently joined virgin active in chigwell, London. It's private land I presume? Has anyone dealt with Gemini parking Solutions? My car broke down and i just about managed to get it safely into bay which turned out to be a disabled parking bay. I left the car for a few minutes and went to try and call for help and had to pick up my daughter from the gym creche which was a few feet away. When i came back 5 minutes later i found a parking ticket on my car! The guy was still there, i explained to the guy yet he carried on taking pictures and refused to listen. The car i was driving was a curtersey car and not my own.

I wrote to Gemini Parking solutions and explained the situation. they did not accept my reasons and sent two duplicate letters saying the same thing. I then sent them another email stating that i was not going to pay as I was in a mitigating circumstance and did not see the disability sign . Today I received a letter demanding £150 from a debt recovery company, so I emailed Gemini again stating that I did not want them to contact me with threatening demands and that i shall see my day in court. Have I done the wrong things? I am refusing to pay and will not pay these scoundrels. They cant even accept an emergency situation!

Please can you advise me...my only concern is if this ends up in court or i have a massive fine or they come to my house (they have my address from my emails) and take my new BMW away on a tow truck early hours of the morning when im asleep...can they do that?

I appreciate any advice on this, thanks.

its not a fine

its a speculative invoice

nothign they can do to you

have a read in this forum i've moved you too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I recently joined virgin active in chigwell, London. It's private land I presume? Has anyone dealt with Gemini parking Solutions? My car broke down and i just about managed to get it safely into bay which turned out to be a disabled parking bay. I left the car for a few minutes and went to try and call for help and had to pick up my daughter from the gym creche which was a few feet away. When i came back 5 minutes later i found a parking ticket on my car! The guy was still there, i explained to the guy yet he carried on taking pictures and refused to listen. The car i was driving was a curtersey car and not my own.

I wrote to Gemini Parking solutions and explained the situation. they did not accept my reasons and sent two duplicate letters saying the same thing. I then sent them another email stating that i was not going to pay as I was in a mitigating circumstance and did not see the disability sign . Today I received a letter demanding £150 from a debt recovery company, so I emailed Gemini again stating that I did not want them to contact me with threatening demands and that i shall see my day in court. Have I done the wrong things? I am refusing to pay and will not pay these scoundrels. They cant even accept an emergency situation!

Please can you advise me...my only concern is if this ends up in court or i have a massive fine or they come to my house (they have my address from my emails) and take my new BMW away on a tow truck early hours of the morning when im asleep...can they do that?

I appreciate any advice on this, thanks.

First of all nobody can come to your door and take your belongings, these charges are nothing more than invoices from PRIVATE LIMITED COMPANIES OF NO LEGAL STATUS OF ANY DESCRIPTION. As for debt collectors the same applies, I noted a very good description on this site recently when someone described their activities as an impersonation of authority, my personal opinion varies slightly as I use the term wind and pi-s merchants. Regardless, you should never bow to their demands as it simply encourages this highly questionable industry.

I fully agree with the previous post, if you feel the need to debate the issue as apposed to ignoring all communication go straight to the Organ Grinder and Bypass the monkeys.

Edited by Crocdoc

Thank you to everyone above who replied with their advice. I appreciate it. I will ignore any letters and demands they make. The only thing i am concerned is if they do decide to take me to court, I dont know how I can prove that the curtesey car did break down and that I didnt park in a disabled bay deliberately without a disabled permit displayed! (which is their reason for ticketing me) I had my two year old child to worry about & was in a 'stressful' situation for which this company has no symapthy for.