Foil theives with Immobilise.com

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Immobilise is a FREE national property register, on which people can register items belonging to them.

It was set up in 2003 and works alongsied the Police National Mobile Proprty Register, so the authorities can trace owners of lost and stolen property.

Immobilise can be used by members of the public and businesses to register their valued possessions or company assets, and exclusive to Immobilise all account holders registered items and ownership details are viewable on the Police national property database the NMPR (www.thenmpr.com popup.gif). This online checking service is used by all UK Police forces to trace owners of lost and stolen property. In addition Immobilise is checked daily by a huge range of recovery agencies and lost property offices.

Immobilise enables you to register and keep track of all your valued possessions. It's quick and easy to add any of the following:

Bikes, camera , mobile phone, satnav, computer, games console, ipod, tv/radio, jewellery, watches etc. You can even add images of your items.

Register your property free at Immobilise and improve your chances of getting it back if it’s ever lost or stolen.

http://www.immobilise.com/index.php

• 2 weeks later...

Who can access this database of 'things that people own'? I started to read the T&Cs of the site, but almost lost the will to live before getting a third of the way through.

I can see the utility of the police being able to access this information, but I can also see serious issues should anyone else be able to buy or hack their way into the site.