ESA Decision. How long to wait ?

Charlie996
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

that is absolutely fine....as above providing there are no gaps you won't lose any payments....send in the note, dont forget to fill in the form on the back, i normally send them 'signed for' costs about a quid but at least you know they got it, and i ring them a couple of days later to confirm it has arrived and they are acting on it....good luck

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doctor says how can the DWP appoint what is a private company do carry out the medicals and then DWP staff who are not medically trained make decisions ? Blind leading the blind ?

If what You are saying is correct then the DWP staff who have no medical training are disagreeing with the Doctors and instructing them that they are wrong ??

this is exactly why the system is not 'fit for purpose' they are totally ignoring medically trained doctors opinions and are virtually calling the doctors 'liars' the BMA has already called for the system to be either drastically overhauled or scrapped...but this govt is not listening..they are just punishing us for being poor and sick!!! i never thought i would live to see the day when our society has come to believe that the sick, ill and disabled are nothing more than feckless scroungers

Please be aware that the GP will also have had a letter from the DWP telling him/her not to issue anymore sick notes as you have been found fit for work.

Some GP's may argue with you that they are not allowed to give out anymore certificates.

What an absolute load of scaremongering half the truth utter bull**** and you know it!

GP's are advised that they are no longer required to provide notes on that specific failed ESA claim unless the person appeals.

I actually have the letter from the DWP to my GP explaining this and a few others from DPAing my GP practice with a SAR!

This also does not stop them writing notes if you want to submit a new claim. Think of each claim as a separate entity the old one is dead/finished with (so no more notes can/should be written for it) and the new one is new and shiny (so needs supporting notes).

this is exactly why the system is not 'fit for purpose' they are totally ignoring medically trained doctors opinions and are virtually calling the doctors 'liars' the BMA has already called for the system to be either drastically overhauled or scrapped...but this govt is not listening..they are just punishing us for being poor and sick!!! i never thought i would live to see the day when our society has come to believe that the sick, ill and disabled are nothing more than feckless scroungers

Once again sincere thanks.

Up until I had the accident in mid 2007 I ran a small business and worked very hard.. I never missed a tax or NI payment and played a very straight game.

Unfortunately the accident has left more than the physical scars that I have from several operation's to repair the damage .. The mental turmoil unfortunately is quite a different matter..

I am flummoxed at the situation so many are finding themselves in ! A doctor examines a patient and says they are unfit for work and another so called professional says the opposite.. MMmmm

As yet I have not spoken to the Consultant who is looking after me at this time. But feel sure he will back up the letter he gave me to take to the ATOS assessment.

Some one somewhere in Government or whatever needs to take at least a half rational view of this absolutely ridiculous situation that is going on..

I wonder what all this paperwork and the cost of an appeal costs ?? Can any one say ?

Any way thanks again.. I do genuinely appreciate the kind help and advice given !

What an absolute load of scaremongering half the truth utter bull**** and you know it! ...

There are times, Mr freek, when I just have to sit back in admiration. :D

Onto the OP, as has been mentioned, absolutely no problem with overlapping dates on the (un)fit note. Keep it noted in your diary so that you get a new one issued at least 7 days before the old one runs out. You'll find the dates naturally get earlier and earlier. Sometimes I see my GP for them (I have to see her at least every three months anyway) othertimes I can phone up and pick it up from reception. I've been getting three monthly ones for four years now, so please rest assured it's no problem.

I wonder what all this paperwork and the cost of an appeal costs ?? Can any one say ?

the cost is running at about £50m at the moment, though no one seems to question why this money is not clawed back from ATOS for incorrect decisions they make

What an absolute load of scaremongering half the truth utter bull**** and you know it!

GP's are advised that they are no longer required to provide notes on that specific failed ESA claim unless the person appeals.

I actually have the letter from the DWP to my GP explaining this and a few others from DPAing my GP practice with a SAR!

This also does not stop them writing notes if you want to submit a new claim. Think of each claim as a separate entity the old one is dead/finished with (so no more notes can/should be written for it) and the new one is new and shiny (so needs supporting notes).

Pardon? Please do not be so rude!!!

That is what I said in my post. The GP does get a letter from the DWP telling them not to issue anymore sicknotes. Yes there are alternative actions, but all I was doing was warning the poster that the GP might argue with the poster based on that letter. How many times have I heard it said that the GP takes the letter to mean NO MORE SICKNOTES even though they still can if the decision is appealed against.

I should know I have been doing this for my dad since late 2009 and yes his GP did refuse to issue sicknotes after the first failure. It took a telephone call and a letter to get the GP to change his mind!!

In future if you want to reply to one of my posts, please do so with respect and consideration!

:Charlie996:

:focus: Which is the fall out, for you, from the fiasco of employment and support allowance.

You've (finally) received the ESA65 disallowance notice which among other info gives the decision maker's reasons for disallowance based on the Atosser's report.

Presumably you've downloaded a GL24 appeal form from the internet.

Your wife's arranged for a backdated (un)fit note and you've arranged to get a copy of the consultant's letter. (Tip for the future, apart from (un)fit notes that have to be originals, send copies of documents to Atos/Jobcentreplus and keep the originals in a safe place.)

You've now got several days to plan a basic response to the ESA65 and get the GL24 completed. You need to say why you disagree with the decision and why you think you qualify for the benefit. Have you got a copy of the descriptors, exceptional/special circumstances, for awards of the extra components of employment and support allowance?

If not, Google ESA214.

Any welfare rights in your area?

Best of luck, have another cheery :panda:, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

also as you still have a few weeks to get the GL24 in , ring the dwp (difficult i know but if you ring at 8 in the morning you normally get through in about 20 mins) tell them you want a copy of the ATOS report, this will also give you the information that you need to help you with appeal, (that is how i found out that i could use a non existent wheelchair whilst returning to work within 3 months.)...the reports are normally full of infomation which would make hans christain anderson blush, or in other words, they are normally full of fairy stories, and bear absolutely no relation to what was said or happened

Pardon? Please do not be so rude!!!

In future if you want to reply to one of my posts, please do so with respect and consideration!

before the mods make the same request, come on people if you dont agree with what someone says, then there is a way of saying you maybe incorrect without being rude to each other...we all feel on here that we are here to help and not be rude or criticize what someone has posted

... come on people if you dont agree with what someone says, then there is a way of saying you maybe incorrect without being rude to each other ...

Providing, of course, the person is a person not a multi. There's been three or four multi's on this board quite recently ...

With regards to the GL24 - it's important that you don't miss the deadline. There are many posts on here which basically tell people to fill in the GL24, send it off and then write a much more detailed letter (there is a sticky which talks about the letter) later on.

Have you requested the medical report? I think that's known as the ESA85?

With regards to the GL24 - it's important that you don't miss the deadline. There are many posts on here which basically tell people to fill in the GL24, send it off and then write a much more detailed letter (there is a sticky which talks about the letter) later on.

Have you requested the medical report? I think that's known as the ESA85?

I am getting some help with filling in the forms over the weekend so will be posting on Monday next or maybe Tuesday.. The deadline is the 14th ? That was the day the benefit was stopped.. So Monday is the 1st so will be 12 to 13 days within the time limit ??

I have not asked for the ESA85 because I have never heard of it !! Please bear in mind I am so confused as it is.. It has taken me a few days to get together the words to put on the form as I am in a right state at this time......

Will Monday/Tuesday be all right ?

Should I call and ask for the ESA 85??

Thanks !

the important thing is to get the GL24 in before the 14th, you can ask them to send the ESA85, but dont worry about not receiving it before the deadline .... the GL24 is the most important thing you have to get back.....monday/tuesday will be absolutely fine.....if you need any thing else just post and someone will try to help

the important thing is to get the GL24 in before the 14th, you can ask them to send the ESA85, but dont worry about not receiving it before the deadline .... the GL24 is the most important thing you have to get back.....monday/tuesday will be absolutely fine.....if you need any thing else just post and someone will try to help

Thanks for that ! I will be sending it recorded delivery so it will be trackable..

Thanks.