Would I face a JSA sanction for leaving?

dj9928
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've posted this elsewhere but I know some people who work for the job & benefits department post on here so am after some advice.

I was made redundant in January and after a few months umemployed I found a suitable job through an agency and applied, I got called for an interview by the company the same day, I got told the original job advertised had gone (Since come to learn it never existed) and that another vacancy was available, minimum wage rather than £8.50, 43hrs PW rather than 39 and doing a job I'd never done before and wouldn't off applied for had I know all this, but I got offered the job on the spot and had to accept or I'd get a sanction.

The day I started I got the contract to sign and also found it had an overtime clause that it had to be done when required and it has worked out 4-6 hrs per week, again I couldn't decline the job or I'd of got a sanction so the 39 hrs per week advertised has turned into 48hrs on average.

But the problems don't end there. I am being bullied on a daily basis by a supervisor, My supervisor finds fault with everything I do and makes smart remarks daily trying to get a response, I asked him a few weeks ago what his problem was, He squared up to me like he was going to fight, I backed down and he walked away and called me a "F**king B**tard" I was in shock to be honest as I've never been spoken to like that. But the smart remarks continue daily.

I recently got marched into the office and got a verbal warning for leaving my machine on at lunch time, It was the first time I ever did it so someone has obviously reported me for doing it, the boss said "Do it again and you wont be here" in an aggressive tone.

I am just totally fed up with this, I am at the stage now where each and every morning I have diarrhoea with the thought of going in there, and each and every day brings its own drama, I can't get over to sleep at night, I wake at the crack of dawn, at nights and weekends it is all I can think about, Since I started working in there 3 months ago I have lost a stone and a half, I can't stick this much more but don't know what to do or where to turn.

I decided enough was enough and went to my doctor with the intention of getting signed of sick for a couple of weeks, My doctor diagnosed anxiety and depression but said the root cause of this was work, so meds or time off would not work, the only cure was to confront HR.

So I did, I went into the HR department and explained all, the guy was very sympathetic and said he would run all past the boss and get back to me with an outcome. The following day he got back to me and I got told how valuable a worker this supervisor is, how experienced he is, how long he has been there, and working in a factory environment is stressful etc etc, So basically told to get over myself and damn all was done about it.

So you can see why I don't want to do over time and to be honest I don't want to be there at all, it is effecting my health and I want out. I have a wife and 3 kids to support, I have been looking for another job since I started but as yet I haven't even got an interview so getting another job isn't a way out, I want to leave, but would I get a sanction on these circumstances? Its not even about the bullying, its the work in general, the environment, I hate it all and had it been advertised the though of applying would never of crossed my mind.

What do I do?