Orange fraud - Debt collection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

a while ago (February) I cancelled my orange phone account.

A few days later I noticed a large payment had been taken out of my account (~£250) called orange about it.

my account had been used fraudulently and I was told to go to my bank and reverse the direct debit, which I did.

I thought that would be the end of it.

Since then orange have continued to send me bills demanding payment of this fraudulent amount.

I have called them countless times to try and resolve it but I can never get through to anyone who is of any help what so ever,

often people tell me they will investigate and call me back but of course they never do.

There has even been police involvement and I have given a statement regarding the fraud.

A few days ago I got a letter saying that they had passed the amount over to a debt collection agency.

I've just had a conversion with someone from orange and again they were going to get back to me but never did.

I'm at a loss of what to do know to be honest. I assume I'm already going to have a bad credit rating over this.

Does anyone have any advice about how I could go about resolving this.

I can't begin to describe how angry I am at orange.

Is my best bet to contact Ofcom?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

Write a formal complaint to the CEO at Orange, copy it to the DCA addressed to their compliance manager,

avoid customer (dis) service who seen to be there to stop complaints reaching anyone who can actually do

something to rectify the problem.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Apparently their Twitter / Facebook team sometimes get good results... maybe give them a go? Report back here with any success so we know if these rumors are true :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar