Several debt questions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again everyone,

I have got my credit report from Experian and have a couple of questions.

My Very account now appears to belong to Lowell on report,

who have been texting, ringing etc for weeks now which I was just ignoring

until I knew who it belonged to.

Have now had letter from Hamptons.

Do I now sar Lowell as I believe that there are plenty of charges from when NDR were collecting previously?

Also my debts from running a pub (I came out of pub in March 2012), are not on my report anywhere.

They are Unicom, Anglian Water, and British Gas.

Unicom is just termination charges (£335, offered them 50p per month, they have refused, continue to send me threats of court etc etc,

wont deal in writing and I dont answer their calls!

Anglian Water (debt £550),

I have offered £1.35 per month, had letter back from them saying account is being dealt with by Scotcall so they cant deal with me?

British Gas (debt £345) made an offer of £1 back in May, no reply, am now getting emails from Clarity collections, do I make them the offer now?

Many thanks

urm..

if BG and Anglia have farmed it out then there is an issue with the debt, i'd honestly pay NOWT to any DCA.

as for very/lowlife

you SAR the OC, and get reclaiming those PENALTY fees you'll have.

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks Dx, thought that as Lowell owned it now had to deal with them?

Also my most massive debt consisting of a loan and overdraft with Nat West (totalling £19k) has been with Apex since 2009, paid £40 per month to apex for 3 years but things really tough at moment so made them a reduced offer of £5 per month which they have said they want I & E to make a decision. Is it right that I dont have to supply this to a DCA?

Thanks.

With regards to earlier post, if I pay DCA's nothing wont I eventually get taken to court?

To be honest have tried really hard to pay everyone (£70k total debts) since OH was made bankrupt in 2009 but think all the companies just dont want to help you once you have problems. Am so grateful to this site for all the info, will def donate once back on the right road.

Thanks again.

thought that as Lowell owned it now had to deal with them? No, not at all.

Also my most massive debt consisting of a loan and overdraft with Nat West (totalling £19k) has been with Apex since 2009, paid £40 per month to apex Can you confirm the age of the loan, when it was taken out, and that they HAVE NOT lumped both debts together.

things really tough at moment so made them a reduced offer of £5 per month which they have said they want I & E to make a decision. Is it right that I dont have to supply this to a DCA? Yes CORRECT, only a judge can request such information, not these clowns.

Unless a DCA owns the account, and has bought it, then DCA's cannot take anyone to court, they have absolutely no legal powers whatsoever.

Just because a third party unqualified DCA send out their inaccurate computer printed garbage does NOT mean you or anyone has to pay them.

Always pay the OC direct, cut out the clowns they employ, they are useless.

Depending on what your debts are, and when they were taken out, pre or post 2007? will depend on the best way of dealing with them.

Keep OFF the phone, if they ring laugh and hang up.

Keep everything in writing only.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks Bazooka, just a bit confused with the response from Anglian water as they have said the account is 'being dealy with' by Scotcall so they can't comment!!

With regards to the Nat West loan and overdraft, yes Apex have lumped the amount together 14k loan, 5k overdraft. Loan from 2004 but as I said earlier made payments to Apex since 2009 of £40 a month. Debt still belongs to Nat West according to Experian report.

something smells here with that natwest debt

a dca cannot lump things togetther like that.

have you PROOF from sttements from NATWEST that the debt is going down or by the CRA record

[dont trus what the dca says]

i fear you have been paying something that has gone to the dca's profit pocket

and nowt has ACTUALLY gone off the debt itself.

we call it cash-cowing.

i bet the OC wrote off the debts against tax years ago,.

i hope i'm wrong.

as for snotsrawl ignore them

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx,

received a statement from Natwest last week for the loan,

which I'm pretty sure shows the payments I've made to Apex (will check for sure tomorrow)

However I thought this has something to do with the fact that I applied for PPI refund about 4 weeks ago on this loan?

Am suspecting that maybe any refund due (PPI was around 6k without interest)

is likely to be offset against the balance?

Can they do that?

As for the ovedraft, heard nothing about that.

Do you think that means that apex bought that?

get your cra file.

dx

and they

Natwest/Apex lumping a loan and overdraft together is wrong wrong wrong, they are pulling the wool over your eyes and hoping to con you out of money you don't owe.

They MUST seperate these accounts, have they given it a new account/reference number?

I would drop any payment toward this fabricated account to £1 a month, and send them a CCA request (costing £1) to them for the new account.

I guarantee they won't have one, simply because it does not exist.

The overdraft will be riddled full of charges and fees which can be reclaimed.

Does the loan have any PPI? Or charges that you can reclaim?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks Bazooka, have re checked my credit file today and the loan is definately on there as around £13000 and does still belong to Nat West. The payments that I have made to Apex have been credited to the account thankfully, however Apex claim the balance is £19000 as this includes the Natwest overdraft of around £5000. This is no longer on the CRA report. Does that mean the overdraft is written off now? Apex letters all have an Apex reference number for the whole amount, no mention of an account number. So, do I send the CCA request to them quoting their ref number? Many thanks.

Thanks Bazooka, have re checked my credit file today and the loan is definately on there as around £13000 and does still belong to Nat West. The payments that I have made to Apex have been credited to the account thankfully, however Apex claim the balance is £19000 as this includes the Natwest overdraft of around £5000. This is no longer on the CRA report. Does that mean the overdraft is written off now? Apex letters all have an Apex reference number for the whole amount, no mention of an account number. So, do I send the CCA request to them quoting their ref number? Many thanks.

for want of aNY MISUNDERSTANDING

EnC A COPY OF their LETTER.

DX

and they